How to Contact Your Elected Officials When Normal Methods Aren’t Working
Are clogged phone lines preventing you from reaching your elected representatives? Do you want to really make an impression as a constituent? Maybe it’s time to try one of these alternative methods of contact.
- Bat signal. Select a fitting symbol to project above their offices— perhaps just a thumbs-up or thumbs-down sign.
- Bouquet of flowers. Potential poem to attach: Roses are red, violets are blue, I’m so [happy or sad] that I voted for you.
- Morse code. Simply transmit your message into their office windows with a flashlight.
- Barbershop quartet. Maybe they can jazz up that tired call script you’ve been using.
- Surprise Egg YouTube Video. If your reps are anything like young children, they will watch with fascination as each egg is opened and a new line of your message urging them to act is revealed.
- Hire a sky writer. Possible message: “Will you represent me?”
- Messenger pigeons. You might have to spend some time learning how to train birds, but it’s never a bad idea to have a few pigeons on your side.
- Giant boom box hoisted over your head. Stand outside their office and blast your recorded message. If it worked for John Cusack, it should definitely work for you.