Amazing! You Can Make A Camera From Everyday Household Items That Takes Real Pictures In Just 7 Easy Steps!
So much fun!
Summer vacation is here and you know what that means: Time to get crafty with the kids! If you’re looking for a fun and easy activity to keep your little scientist entertained during those long summer days, we have just the thing.
You will not believe how easy it is to make a fully-functional camera out of a few items you definitely have lying around your house right now. And yes, it takes real pictures! Can you say unbelievable?
Let’s get started!
1. Grab a small cardboard box and a knife. A small kitchen knife should do just fine. (You might want to handle the knife work yourself, particularly if your children are young or bad with knives.)
2. Cut a small hole in one end of the box. Just big enough to see through.
3. Turn the box around and cut a larger hole in the other end. Just large enough to hold an empty paper towel roll.
4. Grab an empty paper towel roll and slide it into the hole. Make sure it fits snugly and doesn’t wiggle around too much.
5. Next, grab your iPhone. Insert it into the top of the box so that the viewfinder rests inside the opening of the paper towel roll inside the box. You can use a box with a pre-cut opening (like the one shown here) or you can cut an opening yourself if you’re a real overachiever!
6. Grab your homemade camera, point, and click!
7. Surprise! There is no Step 7! You’re ready to start snapping amazing photos on the go!
Let us know what you come up with! Share with us the awesome photos you and your children take with your homemade cameras!