STACCATO — short and sharp, quick reads
- Sex makes you better at your job. Yep, science says so.
- The French kiss…. may actually be neanderthal. Sorry, France!
A PIACERE — enjoy at your pleasure
- How has vibrator technology changed over the years? And how do they actually work? Fear not, this post reveals all.
- This wonderful article from Refinery29 discusses the reasons why you might be turned on by the thought of your partner having sex with someone else.
- Why do we still see male sex toys as creepy? A very good question. Especially considering that sales have risen by 40% over the course of a year.
- Dating IRL v URL? The latest episode of Future of Sex with Hayley Quinn is well worth a listen.
ADAGIO — longer reads, dive a little deeper
- Podcast recommendation: The Exponential View recently hosted a dinner with Dr Kate Devlin on human-computer interaction and sex robots (mostly sex robots). Listen to it here!
- Wondering how to talk to your kids about sex & porn? TeenSafe have you covered with this article. Well worth a read if you have concerns.
- On the topic of sex ed — this article in Elite Daily talks about why we need inclusive, LGBTQ friendly education for young people. We wholeheartedly agree.
- In honour of the 50th anniversary of “Loving vs Virginia”, the Supreme Court ruling which overturned laws prohibiting interracial marriage, artist Leslie Barlow’s new exhibition explores love & identity in a positive way. So beautiful!
Last week I was asked to write a piece for Virgin Entrepreneur on the challenges of making sex a viable business model. Of course I was happy to oblige — it’s collaborations like this that help us to bring sex into the mainstream and make it a more normal topic of conversation.
I’ve been thinking a lot about podcasts recently — which are your favourite ones? Would you be interested in one around sextech and interesting things happening in pleasure? Hit reply to drop me your thoughts!
Let’s keep elevating the discussion on pleasure.
Stephanie Alys x