10 reasons to still be an optimistic Knicks fan
Kristaps Porzingis is gone. This is my generation’s JFK. The single shining star in our decrepit organization is gone. But: there are still plenty of reasons to have faith as a Knicks fan. Let’s begin.
- We have a shot at the #1 pick in the NBA draft.
- Season tickets are going to be cheaper next year.
- We really got a steal from the Mavs in….2005’s best High School player from Wisconsin, Wesley Matthews.
- If you hold your breath long enough, things will start to go dark and you’ll slip into a peaceful blackness. Sure, you wake up, but for a few glorious moments of zen it’s almost like you won’t. It’s so beautiful.
- You can take the 2/3 Train directly from MSG to the Barclays Center and see the Nets.
- Mel Brooks is still alive. I did not know that.
- Remember that time we killed Bin Laden? Fuck yeah.
- We have the chance to miss out on signing not one, but TWO maximum-salary free agents this off-season. Our hopes will never be higher.
- Game of Thrones comes back in April.
- We’re 48 hours away from Melo: Round 2.
Drink up, Knicks fans. God knows we need it.