Q3 Interchain Foundation Assets and Funding Overview
The Interchain Foundation (ICF) is delighted to announce the publication of key financial figures and funding activity for the third quarter of 2020. The Foundation maintains a very professional and conservative asset management approach which ensures sustainable capital deployment for the Cosmos project for many more years to come. In order to achieve the Foundation’s mission, safeguarding the Foundation’s assets and providing operational liquidity is essential and it is closely and constantly monitored by the Foundation Council.
Since its inception in 2017, the ICF has been subject to full financial audits and is happy to announce that during all reporting periods unqualified audit reports have been received by an independent auditor. As required by Swiss law, the audit reports are filed with the Swiss Federal Supervisory Authority for Foundations. The ICF is fully compliant with all regulations and requirements.
The below is the first update for the period of 30 June through 31 September 2020.
Here are the highlights:
- Total assets as per Q3 2020 add up to USD 168 million
- Holdings denominated in Cosmos Atom tokens represent 58% of total assets, respectively 76% of Crypto holdings.
- Investments include public securities and also crypto investments such as ixo, Regen, Agoric, Althea and Iris.
- Number of grant applications received during Q3, 2020: 49
- Number of grants approved during Q3, 2020: 18
- Grants committed during Q3, 2020: USD 1.4 million