A Newsletter from The Junction
Dear Readers of The Junction,
I hope you’ve all had a great summer, one filled with cherished memories and moments of quiet reflection. As August winds to a close, I wanted to send out a brief note to inform you all that I’ll be taking some time off from managing the publication to visit Zanzibar on Thursday.
Sounds exotic, right? I suspect I’ll spend much of my holiday the same way I spend a typical Saturday night, either sprawled out with a good book or hunched over a blank piece of paper waiting for inspiration to strike. Always reading, always writing…I wouldn’t have it any other way. Should there be some adventures afoot, you’ll be the first to know.
Though I will be absent until the 4th of September, that doesn’t mean you won’t still be seeing new works coming from The Junction. My old friend and fellow editor, Mike Sturm, will be taking over the reins until my return. I am grateful to be able leave the publication in his capable hands.
It’s been a busy, busy year. Since the beginning of April alone, The Junction has published 577 unique short stories, poems, humor pieces, essays, and serialized fiction. And now with publications being part of the Medium Partner Program, your applause helps writers get paid for their hard work. I do this for the love of the written word and for the community that we have forged together.
For those who are dissatisfied with the curatorial direction Medium has taken in recent months, take comfort that our mission remains unchanged. If you want some of the best stories you’ll read anywhere on the web, The Junction remains at the crossroads of great fiction, poetry, and humor. And it’s an ongoing pleasure to have you here.
Before I sign off, I’d like to give a few reads you might have missed that you won’t regret.
- I’ll Never Let You Go — by Sarah Goldsmith
- Lovely Eyes — by Jef Littlejohn
- The Truckdriver — by Ray Harvey
- Excerpts From An Existential Unicorn’s Diary — by Maggie Lalley
- Mia—by Georgia Lewitt
- The San Sebastian Chronicles — by J.P. Melkus
- Third Floor—by Adrien Carver
- Wild Woman—by Elise Michal
- Shipwrecked — by Kiyo
- An adventurous palate — by Lizella Prescott
- Gods and Ghosts—by Nina Szarka
- Song of Ocarina—by Chris Drew
- Swallowing Worlds — by Indira Reddy
- A Million Years by Your Side — by DiAmaya Dawn
- Face in the Fog—by Steve B Howard
- Fragmentary—by Elizabeth Helmich
- Of Spiders and Love — by Julia Kantic
- Unlit—by A Maguire
- Whoa, Daddio—by the inimitable Roy
Thank you for stopping by!
All the best,