The Junction is a literary crossroads devoted to stories, culture, and ideas. Our interests are legion.
That’s the tag line, at least. Since our founding in November 2016, we have become a home and destination for top notch fiction and poetry. We also publish humor pieces, memoir, and the occasional essay.
Things we do not publish are listicles, tech writing, or clickbait.
If you are interested in becoming a new contributor, please fill out this form. Response time may vary but we try to respond within a few days. Please be patient!
What we’re looking for:
- Original work. Our specialities are fiction, short story, flash fiction, poetry, humor, memoir, and the occasional essay.
- Someone who does their homework. Have you read The Junction?
- We accept both unpublished and previously published pieces. Length may vary but we generally don’t go beyond 3,000 words, unless a potential series is being pitched.
- When filling out the form, please provide a Medium draft link to your work. Your draft should include an image (with a source) and appropriate tags.
- Please note if you are sending a multiple submission, especially to other Medium publications.
What we’re not looking for:
- Shitty writing (i.e. riddled with typos, grammatical errors, plagiarized, etc.)
- Listicles, clickbait, fan fiction, or work with overt racist or sexist overtones will not be considered. Violence is allowed if there’s a point.
- Political hot takes.
- Please do not submit more than 1 story per week.
- Stories already published in other Medium publications.
If your writing is accepted for publication, we will add you to the roster and you can formally submit your story by clicking the “…” next to the Publish button, then “Add to Publication.” Next, select The Junction from the list.
While it’s possible your piece won’t be selected for publication, don’t let that discourage you from submitting again in the future.
If you have any additional questions, email Stephen M. Tomic at email@example.com.
We look forward to reading your work.