LiquidApps is thrilled to invite you to participate in a unique challenge: creating a DSP Portal for the benefit of the DAPP Network’s users (“the Challenge”), for a chance to win a DAPP token grant!
The DAPP Network is a community-driven ecosystem of developers, service providers and users committed to scaling the blockchain. Powering this ecosystem are the DAPP Service Providers (DSPs). DSPs provide various services including offering extra storage capacity, oracles and additional utilities to developers. DSPs are fully autonomous and have sole authority when designing and offering their service packages for the DAPP Network. Among other items, they decide on the technical specifications, minimum staking amount and the unstaking duration of their Service Level Offerings. Developers can choose from amongst the various service packages DSPs create and offer on a free market within the DAPP Network.
Like other free markets, the key to maximizing usage, efficiency and decision making is through clear and accessible information. The DAPP Network is no exception. The creation of a user-facing interface to serve as a one-stop shop, allowing developers to easily assess and obtain DSPs’ offerings, would greatly benefit the DAPP Network. This interface, or the DSP Portal, should include a catalog of DSPs and their relevant information, including details on the service packages each offers.
We invite individuals and teams to participate in this challenge to enhance the DAPP Network by designing and developing a functional, user-friendly DSP Portal.
Qualified participants will have the opportunity to receive a portion of LiquidApps’ first official grant totaling up to 1,500,000 DAPP tokens! The top three DSP Portal creators will split the grant, with 700,000 going to 1st place, up to 500,000 to the 2nd place winner; and up to 300,000 to the 3rd. We hope these grants will enable the teams to continue iterating on their portals for the long term benefit of the entire DAPP Network.
The DAPP Network is open for development and usage — anyone that wishes to create, develop or operate anything that serves or relates to the DAPP community can do so. The DAPP Network is built by developers for developers.
Anyone can create a DSP portal, deploy and maintain it — with or without any connection to the DSP Portal Challenge outlined here. However, only projects registered and submitted to the DSP Portal Challenge will have a chance to win the grant prizes.
Participating in the DSP Portal Challenge
To participate in the DSP Portal Challenge, creators must register, meet the minimum requirements and specifications and submit their project for judgment, according to the following:
First Step — Registration
Registration opens on May 2nd 15:00 UTC, and closes on June 2nd 15:00 UTC. Only creators who have successfully completed the registration within this period will be eligible to participate. If you want to take part and attempt to win the grant, make sure you register!
In order to register, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/DdmCEhPT2LAxMnM3A
Guidelines for Designing your DSP Portal
The Portals developed and submitted must meet these Minimum Requirements in order to be accepted and considered:
- Present all the DSPs alongside their relevant details in an unbiased fashion, including relevant information from dsp-package.json (must present total tokens staked per DSP).
- Present all service packages, including relevant information from dsp.json
- Enable stake and unstake for packages from the portal, including multiple wallets integration and support for third-party staking.
- Ability to view balance and use Air-Hodled tokens.
- Allow searching, sorting and filtering among DSP and service packages.
- On-site expiration warning for packages.
- Present user total staked and unstaked balances.
- Link to LiquidApps.io
- Portal display must include English as a display language (but can also support additional languages).
- Portal must be compatible with the following browsers: Chrome (v.60 and above), Firefox (v.66 and above), Edge (v.17 and above), Safari (v.11 and above), and Opera (v.47 and above), and be operational both on PCs and Smart Phones (Android and IOS).
Optional for additional points:
- Present the different quotas and active packages including the current staking/unstaking parameters.
- No server side.
Final stage — release your creation!
Creators have until June 15th 15:00 UTC to build and release a working DSP Portal. Participants who have successfully completed the registration will receive specific instructions regarding how to submit their DSP Portals for evaluation.
Evaluation and Judging of your Project
Applicants will be independently judged based on the following criteria:
Design, Usability and Functionality.
The winners of the grant will be decided by a group of judges as well as a community vote. The judges and the community vote mechanism will be announced shortly.
- Advertising and other promotional opportunities are allowed to be featured in the portal.
- In order to receive the grant, the winning portals need to submit their code open-source.
- Participants must not incentivize voting or buy votes in the community vote and will be disqualified if they do so.
Rules and Disclaimers
- Projects will be examined, judged and evaluated under the Judge Committee exclusive and complete discretion, based on the Guidelines for Designing your DSP Portal.
- When entering the DSP Portal Challenge, you must consider it is possible that you may receive a lower reward that you’ve expected or no reward at all.
- All decisions regarding the winning projects and their rewards are final and shall not be subjected to any further procedures or appeals.
- Participation in the Challenge is in your own behalf and benefit, using your own assets, knowledge, tools, equipment and personnel.
- LiquidApps does not offer, and will not provide Challenge participantes any information, knowledge, support, advice or explanation of any kind, other than what has explicitly provided herein. When participating in the Challenge, Challenge participate rely on their own knowledge, know how, experience and understanding, including but not limited to, blockchain technology, DAPP Network, software and relevant code. LIQUIDAPPS DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE DAPP NETWORK, THE DAPP TOKEN, DSPs, DSP PORTALS AND THEIR RELATED TECHNOLOGIES, and it is the Participants own responsibility to examine the relevant code and material available at (and subject to the ascribed terms and conditions): https://github.com/liquidapps-io.
- LiquidApps reserves the right, under its exclusive and independent discretion, to: (1) end the DSP Portal Challenge at anytime, with or without cause; (2) amend the terms herein; (3) change the Judge committee composition. LiquidApps will communicate and apply such changes by publishing notice on the following page: https://medium.com/@liquidapps/liquidapps-dsp-portal-challenge-80f7ee875e25
By participating in the Challenge, or continuing to participate after any such changes occurred, you shall be deemed to have accepted the applicable terms and conditions.
- Participants, whether as individuals or as members of a team, may only take part in the submission of one project. Teams must nominate one individual as team representative to be the sole contact person regarding all matters relating to the Challenge. Grants shall be paid once to each participant, and in case of a team, it will be paid to the team representative, which shall be responsible to split the grant between his team’s members.
- The DAPP Network is open and is not controlled by LiquidApps, any of the judges and/or any of their affiliates. You remain at all times an independent party. Parties participating in the Challenge and DSP Portals submitted to the Challenge, including those that will be awarded and win the Challenge, will not form or claim to have any partnership, joint venture, cooperation, employment, collaboration and/or business relations with LiquidApps, any of the judges and/or any of their affiliates, or be affiliated with them in any way.
- Any use of any of LiquidApps, the judges and/or any of their affiliates, names, brands, trademarks or trade signs is hereby forbidden, without prior written approval from the relevant party. The only use that shall be permitted is in reference to the DSP Portal Challenge (provided that you shall not imply any endorsement by LiquidApps, the judges and/or any of their affiliates).
- You agree not to make any other statements or publication, without the prior written consent of LiquidApps, implying any circumstances, terms or relations which are different from those stated herein.
- You do not have any authority of any kind to bind LiquidApps, the judges and/or any of their affiliates in any respect whatsoever.
- Participants, either individuals or team, are exclusively liable and responsible for any applicable tax liability for participation in the Challenge or receipt of a Grant, or costs or expenses relating to participation in the Challenge or the operation and ownership of the DSP Portal.
- LiquidApps reserves the right to make all decisions relating to the Challenge at its sole discretion, and such decisions are final and binding. Participants in the Challenge agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and/or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge, or any benefits received, or the administration of the Challenge, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by one arbitrator appointed in accordance with the said Rules. The place of arbitration shall be Zug, Switzerland. The arbitration procedure shall be conducted in English. The Swiss federal court (Bundesgericht) will have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals of an arbitration decision; (2) any and all claims, judgments and reliefs shall be limited to actual direct out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Challenge and in no event shall Participant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; (3) under no circumstances will a Participant be permitted to obtain reliefs for and Participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out of pocket expenses; and (4) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or relating to the Challenge, or any grant awarded must be brought within one (1) year after the occurrence of the event giving rise to such claim (if such claim is not filed, then that claim is permanently barred). Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, or the rights and obligations of Participant(s) and LiquidApps in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Bahamas, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction, and subject to resolution through arbitration only in Zug, Switzerland. LiquidApps’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision under these terms and conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision and will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- NO WARRANTY. LIQUIDAPPS, ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR A PARTICIPANT’S USE OF ANY INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PUBLISHED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE BY THE RELEASED PARTIES WITH OR WITHOUT CONNECTION TO THE CHALLENGE OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF CHALLENGE GRANTS OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THE CHALLENGE TO PARTICIPANTS. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS THAT THE CHALLENGE OR CHALLENGE WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE CHALLENGE. RELEASED PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY COMPUTER RELATED DAMAGES DUE TO DOWNLOADING MATERIALS. RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL. FURTHER, BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CHALLENGE AND/OR ACCEPTING A CHALLENGE GRANT, A PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANT AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A CHALLENGE GRANT, PARTICIPATION IN ANY CHALLENGE RELATED ACTIVITY, RELEASED PARTIES’ USE OF ANY TENDERED ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CHALLENGE.