For Brick and Mortar stores, I recommend business owners utilizing their own Litecoin addresses because it will save you money on transaction fees. This isn’t feasible for Online Businesses because you need to ensure your product is sent only if a payment is made. In light of this, we recommend opening an account with www.coinpayment.net because Coinbase has yet to accept LTC for its online merchant portal. This service specializes in integrating various payment gateways such as Litecoin and traditional forms of payment like credit cards. This means you don’t have to exclusively accept cryptopayments if you want to integrate Litecoin into your business.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Coinpayments
1. Set up your account at www.coinpayments.net <-Use our referral link!
2. Once you reach the dashboard, select the “Merchant” option.
3. On the next screen, choose Option 2: Only Coins I Select.
4. Then input your own personal LTC address. You can set “Payout Mode” to ASAP and Coinpayments will send all LTC to your address immediately. If you don’t, you’ll have to manually withdraw it every time. Another option is “Nightly Sweeps.” Some merchants prefer Nightly Sweeps because it saves them money on transaction fees.
5. If you need access to fiat immediately, send it to the Litecoin address on your GDAX account (which is an extension of Coinbase) so that you can sell them your LTC without incurring any fees.
6. Alright. Now we have to set up the Coinpayments gateway for your website. Coinpayments has an extensive list of various shopping cart plugins you can utilize. Here’s how you would do it if you use wordpress. You can also follow their youtube tutorial. The format has changed but the steps should be the same.
7. First, download the WooCommerce Plugin from this website. Then go to your wordpress dashboard, go to Plugins in your sidebar, and then upload the WooCommerce plugin folder that you just downloaded.
8. Click “Install” then “Activate Plugin.”
9. Click on “Plugins” in your sidebar and install the WooCommerce Coinpayments.net Gateway.
10. Then click on “WooCommerce” in the side bar, then go to “Checkout” to “Coinpayment.net” then “Settings.”
11. From here, click “Enable Coinpayments.net” for your website and fill out the Title and Description sections.
12. Now you will need to grab your Merchant ID and create your IPN Secret with coinpayments.net:
- Your Merchant ID is back on the coinpayments.net website. Click “My Account” then “Account Settings” then “Basic Settings” to grab your Merchant ID.
- Next, click on “Merchant Settings” to create your own IPN Secret of your choice.
13. Enter both your Merchant ID and your IPN Secret into the WooCommerce plugin and save it.
14. Finally, give it a test run by placing an order through your website!
Voila! That’s it! You have officially joined the ranks of the merchant elite who are paving the way for Litecoin adoption.
Remember to give me claps to the left, donations below, and share with your friends! Until next time, onwards and upwards. 😁
L.S.C. Donation Addresses
BTC: 3HFCMjr6xQKSfmU7wCPzrZJVvgwrdf7Qzd (Segwit address. Legacy and Segwit chains accepted)