Maître Updates #3
Our third update focuses on subscribers management.
Our users asked for more data and more “control” on their subscribers and we could not ignore such a cool request :)
Analytics is one the most loved features of Maître. Maître’s users already have access to a variety of meaningful data about their subscribers, from a timeline of visits and registrations to a detailed breakdown of each source.
Today we go a step further.
We have implemented an interactive map where you can see where your subscribers come from, plus a breakdown of each country.
Why is this awesome?
Let’s say you’re launching a global product and want to know where your most loyal fans come from or you are doing a kickstarter campaign and need to know in which countries you need to ship first.
Behind the scenes
We use Ip2Location, a third party API that provides a high-quality geolocation service. This means that:
- we can’t ensure 100% accuracy (accuracy rate is currently at 95%)
- we can’t ensure 100% IP coverage
- geomap data are updated every hour
This feature is still in early beta, let me know what you think of it :)
A leaderboard has been requested since the very first days of Maître. Today we have implemented a first, rather basic, version of a leaderboard.
This is how it works: when submitting the form the json object that our server sends as response will contain a new property “leaderboard”, which contains two values:
- last_updated_at. A timestamp of when the list was updated last (lists are updated every 10–15 minutes)
- ranking. An array containing the top 10 subscribers in the list in ascending order.
More information is available on the dedicated support page.
- This feature is currently in beta and needs some technical skills to be implemented.
- The leaderboard is updated when the list is updated (which usually means every 10–15 minutes). This usually is not a problem, but something that needs to be kept in mind.
- The leaderboard is available ONLY upon form submission, which means that it can’t be retrieved and shown when a user lands on the page.
You can see a live version of the leaderboard on our own website.
Last but not least we have implemented email notifications for new registrations. Basically you can choose to receive an email every time someone signs up to your list.
This feature is disabled by default. To enable it, navigate to Advanced Settings > Extras in your widget dashboard and check “RECEIVE EMAIL NOTIFICATION FOR NEW REGISTRATIONS” as shown below.
That’s it for this update. As usual, let me know what you think in the comments or ping me an email (email@example.com).
PS: We have got a couple of big (BIG) things coming soon..
(hint: it’s something to do with APIs…)
Click on the ♥️ below if you enjoyed the lolz :)