The Perfect Software Toolbox For Remote Teams
Hassle-free connectivity is key
Right? At least that’s bread and water for a friction-free workflow here at appear.in. Connectivity is no longer just a smooth internet connection, it’s so much more. Remote teams, and the need for remote communication, has raised our expectations to a reality where apps, tools and services work smoothly together and are easily integrated with each other. For our team, the integration of tools are usually top priority, and make or break for whether the app or tool lives to meet bookmark bars, toolbars and home screens.
I love that I can log into all my tools from any computer. Almost all of my work happens in the browser!
We sure have our set of favourite tools and apps in our team here at appear.in. When I ask Ingrid, Co-founder & Product Development Manager here at what importance a seamless software toolbox has in her work life, she immediately replies “I love that I can log into all my tools from any computer. Almost all of my work happens in the browser!”. My personal experience from both working at an agency and now at a product company, is that this list of tools can be the go-to solution for other startups, agencies and freelance collaborations too! Among the software tools and browser-apps we love, you’ll find Slack, Github, inVision, ProdPad, Trello and of course our own product, appear.in. And why is that? Because the integrations between them make our workflow hassle-free.
The Perfect Software Toolbox should contain:
- A task management tool such as Trello
- An internal communication tool such as Slack
- A video conference tool, such as appear.in (yes, I know but gotta brag 😛)
- An idea and roadmap bank such as ProdPad
- A prototyoing and user testing tool such as InVision
- A collaboration platform for your engineers such as GitHub
- A place for your files and documents such as Google Drive and Dropbox
And last but not least — a setup letting the tools feed information to each other! Which is uncomplicated and straightforward thanks to the integrations all the mentioned tools offer :)
The power of connected tools
From Slack you can start a video conversation by typing /appear and add a card to your Trello board by typing /trello. You can also set GitHub, Prodpad and Dropbox up to feed information to relevant channels in Slack. Also using Trello Power-ups, you can open an appear.in video room with one click from your board. The fact that all these tools are web-based is what makes integrations like this possible.
Trello now allows super smooth integration with appear.in to Trello boards for all their 16M users! We are super excited because bringing appear.in into the Trello workflow makes stand up with remote team mates a lot easier 💪. You can read more about the exiting news here.
- Read Marketing Manager at Trello, Stella Garbers Tips For Managing A Remote Team
- appear.in also integrates with HipChat and Podio
- The upcoming premium version of appear.in will support widescreen camera! Sign up here to get updates about premium when it’s ready to launch 😎
Big ❤️ from CaliFornebu! — Previously published on Linkedin