The top 5 gadgets for remote work and productive workations:
In addition to your laptop, smartphone and their chargers, here’s what you need to bring for ultimate production on your next workation 👊 💻🌍
Over the last year I’ve tried to compress the size of what I have with me of work-related necessities when I travel. I always try to pack as light as possible, and in this list I’ve narrowed it down to only 5 gadgets in addition to my laptop and smartphone. Enjoy and please comment if you have tips I can share with my remote working team of both engineers and product people at appear.in 💚 💬
My top 5 gadgets for remote work
- My beloved QuietComfort25 by Bose. Noise cancelling headphones is a must for productive remote work and efficient video meetings. I sometimes exchange them for my pink pair of VASA BLÅ wireless in-ear model by Sudio Sweden if I go for short and ultra light travel.
- For proper workations I always bring the Huddly Go intelligent wide-angle camera by Huddly Inc. I’ve written a product review including some tips here for you to check out.
- Mobile storage for all my pictures and video clips (both professional and personal). I’ve had a few of these and highly recommend the Rugged collection by LaCie after experiencing drives from other brands are very fragile.
- An adequate camera that matches your needs. I’ve recently updated to Sony Alpha 7ii. It’s smaller than my previous camera with a mirror, perfect for video and has the best “auto”
- Contigo Thermal Mug and/or Water bottle is technically no technical gadget— however — when you stay hydrated and awake, you’re more productive. The main reason I’ve fallen for Contigo is the “lock” function on the open mechanism that makes it safe to carry water in the same bag as my tech. Their BPA free and eco conscious product line also makes it an obvious choice for me.
This is my go-to packing list to help you out the next time you’re leaving for a workation (or any other form of remote work). I also want to mention that at appear.in we have more than a few recommendations for remote office set-ups. As I work with marketing, having a great camera is for instance important to me. Here’s a list we keep updating with our favourite software and hardware tools for the best possible appear.in experience and meeting efficiency! If you know of other tools we should check out or review, leave a comment below 💬, or 💚 this and ask us on Twitter!
If you liked this, click the follow button and 💚 below so other people will see this here on Medium. For more stories about remote work, visit the appear.in blog!