Weekly Round Up & News — 30 Things Every New Software Tester Should Learn
Get this awesome news and roundup newsletter straight to your inbox. Subscribe to our newsletter.
Join Keith Klain, Head of Software Quality at Tekmark Global Solutions and QASymphony for a webinar detailing annual predictions on software testing trends:
- Test automation, DevOps and operational test management trends
- “Agile Testing” and the rise of machine learning
- The future of the enterprise “Testing CoE”
Ever wondered where to start as a tester? Ever wanted to point a tester in the right direction? Well, Heather Reid wanted to do something about that! The result? She’s written something pretty epic to help testers get started in the software testing world. Read…and share!
Planning on coming to TestBash Brighton? Courses, workshops and conference, mixed in with all the social gatherings. Book to avoid sad faces!
Now in it’s second season, Software Testing Clinic continues to run their free evening sessions in London. These sessions are ideally suited to wannabe or those new(ish) to testing. The next session is on January 24th and is on the topic of Identifying Risks. Register now.
Join us in February as we try to gather a group of people to start this challenge at the same time. Learn and share the 30 Days of Security Testing together.
TestSphere is a deck of testing cards launching in March, you can back and pre-order now.
As part of the TestSphere project, Beren has started a challenge designed to inspire to teach people about testing. Find out more here…
You’ve heard the rumors, and you’ve seen it happen. An organization or development team decides they don’t need testers, and you have big questions and massive concerns. Is quality not important anymore? Are they irresponsible or idiotic? Are their hats on too tight? Do testers still have jobs? This amazing talk is available on The Dojo.
Want to get featured here? Submit your blog to our Testing Feeds!
- Connections from TestBash Philadelphia — Elizabeth Zagroba
- How to Start Learning Automation — testzius
- The non-manual, unautomated tester — Mr.Slavchev()
- Mobile Bug Matrix — Adventures in QA
- Playing around with data entry | testkeis
- Testing Show — Hiccupps
- A musing post — Mindful tester
- Complexity is also a Bug — Joel Montvelisky
- Ep 69: Talking ‘Bout My Generation — Let’s Talk About Tests, Baby
- Test Cases Are Evil! Or are they? — John Andrews
- Becoming a Testing Batman — offbeattesting
- Your First Move — Automation Strategy — Responsible Automation
- System definition and confidence in the system — thoughts from the test eye
- Tips to make your (web) application testable — Roy de Kleijn
- Wax Philosophical with Context (-Driven Testing) — Chris W Fisher
- Interactive Exploration — Engaging With Ideas — Stories from a Software Tester
- Thinking in Scopes — Maaret Pyhäjärvi
- Quick copying HTTP requests from Developer tools to Postman — Mark Winteringham
- All your meaning are belong to us | Testknight
- Prototyping accessibility in web and mobile UI design — Just In Mind
We go hunting to see what testers are talking about, so you don’t have to!
- Why Chrome’s autocomplete is insecure and how you can turn it off — FreeNodeCamp
- Accessibility Statistics | Interactive Accessibility
- Charlie and Me — Testing Native Mobile Apps with Charles Proxy — Hotel Tonight Engineering
- Real Time Gatling Results With Docker And Influxdb · David Blooman
- Using Charles Proxy to Inspect and Debug Google Analytics | LunaMetrics
- anttiviljami/browser-autofill-phishing: A simple demo of phishing by abusing the browser autofill feature — anttiviljami GitHub
- rikaikun — A port of rikaichan for chrome. Translate Japanese by hovering over words.
- The One Page Test Plan | The Dojo
- MindMap — Heuristic Testing Strategy Model — Ministry of Testing
- Bug ‘exposes’ WhatsApp message secrets — BBC News
- “TestOps: Chasing the White Whale” by Ioana Serban — YouTube
- Explained — What’s Up With the WhatsApp ‘Backdoor’ Story? Feature or Bug! — The Hacker News
- The fourfold path to software quality — Code Without Rules