How Chomps Takes A Bite Out of Retail and Ecommerce
For fans of the company’s meat snack products, it may seem like Chomps has been an overnight success. But, behind the scenes there has been a lot of hard work, risky bets, and beneficial partnerships that have helped elevate the brand. On Up Next in Commerce, Pete Maldonado, the Co-founder and CEO of Chomps and Stacy Hartnett, the Vice President, E-Commerce & Marketing at Chomps, discuss how the company was bootstrapped, and how it has scaled through both retail and online platforms.
Tune in to learn:
- The beginnings of Chomps (1:45)
- The timeline of success (3:30)
- Lessons learned after getting into Trader Joe’s (12:00)
- How and why Stacey came on board (15:00)
- Creating an appetite for risky bets (19:00)
- Identifying the right platforms (22:00)
- Understanding your target segments and how to reach them (30:00)
- Contrarian ideas or data to track (33:00)
Up Next in Commerce is brought to you by Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Learn more at http://www.salesforce.com/commerce
Mission.org is a media studio producing content for world-class clients. Learn more at http://www.mission.org.