The Mission Newsletter, 10/3/18
“If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” — Les Brown
Don’t Forget to Read these…
Repeated complaining rewires your brain to make future complaining more likely. Over time, you find it’s easier to be negative than to be positive, regardless of what’s happening around you. Complaining becomes your default behavior, which changes how people perceive you.
“How do we educate people for a future we can’t predict?”
What changes do we need to make to prepare for the coming transition? What skills do students and professionals need to practice today to build competency for future jobs? Sean highlights four pillars in particular that form the basis of his approach at GrowthX.
This is The Story of a young girl who escaped Nazi Germany, faced the death of her family members, and rebuilt her family’s crumbling business into an empire…
She was a refugee with no business experience who took a failing family business and turned it into a $5.5 billion company. Today, at 94 years old, she is still the Chairman of the Board at the company.
Her story is an inspiring reminder that being tough never goes out of style.
Stand Up For Free
Get The Most Out Of Your Workspace Without Spending A Dime.
Raise your hand if you want free gear…
✋ ✋ ✋ ✋
Well, today’s your lucky day. Thanks to our friends at Fully, we’re giving away some sweet workspace furniture!
We love the gear at the studio. We love the gear at the office. We love the gear at home.
We know you’ll love it, too.
With fresh furniture, you’ll be the envy of your coworkers and the talk of everyone at the water cooler.
You can view the giveaway rules here.
Episode 14 of IT Visionaries
In this episode, Ian sat down with Sudheer Sura at Dreamforce 2018 to discuss SaaS, solution architecture and software development. Sudheer is an IT Director at BMC Software and has been in the IT field for more than 20 years.
News that Matters
- A large clinical trial suggests that fish oil may be effective in helping prevent heart attacks and strokes in high-risk patients.
- Fortune magazine released its list of the Most Powerful Women. On the list are presidents, CEOs and other C-Suite powerhouses from companies such as Lockheed Martin, Starbucks, IBM, Google, Deloitte, Kohl’s, Walmart and more. 💪 👩💼
- What if we told you exhaustion came down to mind over matter? That’s the idea behind mindfulness and how it affects performance — specifically physical performance.
- Dunkin Donuts is getting rid of the donuts. Thankfully, though, just in the name. Beginning in January, the company will be known simply as “Dunkin,” and will be continuing its rebranding as a beverage-led company. 🍩 ☕️
- New York has implemented mandatory mental health education in all state public schools.
SIGNAL celebrates the developers, the builders, the innovators, the doers, and the dreamers who are reimagining how the world communicates. Be a part of it with us! Go to signal.twilio.com and get your ticket for 20% off by using the promo code: “MISSION20”.
The Mission is a new kind of media company. We publish stories, videos, and podcasts to help smart people get smarter. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or learn more about us here. We’d love to connect!
The Mission helps mission-driven companies build trust and connect with customers in a new way.
We create custom podcast sponsorships for enterprise companies. To learn more about why companies