Selling Shares in Iconic Artworks
In an innovative move, Scott Lynn, CEO and Founder of Masterworks, democratized art investing by registering art pieces with the SEC and selling shares to investors. The first company of its kind, Masterworks is now a major art dealer with more than 600,000 investors on its platform. On Up Next in Commerce, Scott dives into the future of art investing, the historical data the company analyzes, and how to determine which art pieces will perform.
Tune in to learn:
- Historical data in the art industry (8:34)
- Art investing over the next couple of years (11:25)
- The role of alternative asset classes in coming decades (22:36)
- How do you determine which art will perform financially? (27:49)
- Evolutions and trends in art valuation (29:42)
Up Next in Commerce is brought to you by Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Learn more at http://www.salesforce.com/commerce
Mission.org is a media studio producing content for world-class clients. Learn more at http://www.mission.org.