Hot Off The Press…
“If you’re a first time CIO, you sometimes feel like you have to prove you are the smartest person in the room. That’s not going to lead to much insight from other folks in the room. You have to be disciplined not always to have the first word or control the last topic on any debate.”
“Experience is overrated. Some people say they have twenty years’ experience, when, in reality, they only have one year’s experience, repeated twenty times.”
“Being busy and being productive are far from the same thing. Most people are trying to do too much. The desire to ‘keep up’ has them doing more, living less, and deceiving themselves into believing they’ve actually made progress.”
News That Matters:
- Ate tons of Halloween candy and still feeling hangry? Your emotions are to blame.
- Achieve career goals faster by getting FIT — also known as Functional Imagery Training.
- Didn’t get enough spooks last night? Scare yourself silly with these 13 terrifying ads.
- REI gave the University of Washington $1 million to study the benefits of being outside.
- #ThrowbackThursday: On this day in 1512, the Sistine Chapel ceiling opened to the public.
The Mission is a new kind of a media company. We publish stories, videos, and podcasts to help smart people get smarter. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or learn more about us here. We’d love to connect!
The Mission helps mission-driven companies build trust and connect with customers in a new way. We create custom podcast sponsorships for enterprise companies. To learn more about why companies like Salesforce trust us to produce results, connect with our team here.