Woah… slow down there, Fred…
The Mission Newsletter, 10/4/18
“The highest reward for man’s toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it.” — John Ruskin
Some of Our Favs From the Archives
Human Connection is the Key To Marketing -
There is no doubt that marketing and advertising are key factors in the success of any business, large or small. Mark Viden knows that better than most. But as the VP of brand and marketing at Dignity Health, Viden has made forming human connections just as central to the mission of the brand as turning a profit.
Stop Consuming. Start Creating. -
“During this time, I read one-hundred-and-twenty books about business, psychology, and marketing. When I stopped reading, I noticed something.
My life hadn’t changed.
Even though I felt smarter, more creative, and capable, I was in the same place.
I had taken no action to get a better job, make more money, or create something valuable for others.
It was here I began to understand the power of becoming a doer. Over the next two years, I would optimize my life for taking action.”
“Customers have more choices than ever before and customer experience is the only differentiator that organizations really have out there.” -Cindy Breshears, CTO Bluewolf, an IBM Company
Don’t Miss Out On a Sweet Workspace For Free
Only two days left to sign up!
One lucky Mission Reader will be selected to win free gear from our friends at Fully.
There are only two days left to enter this giveaway, so be sure to throw your name in the hat! Don’t miss out on the chance to improve your workspace, productivity and life!
You can view the giveaway rules here.
Episode 7 of Education Trends
Making education more accessible to a greater number of people is one of the biggest challenges facing educators today. Scott Pulsipher, President of Western Governors University, believes that this can be addressed by switching to competency-based and individualized education.
News that Matters
- Recent studies show that the percentage of parents who purchase healthy side options to kids meals has declined since 2013.
- Millennials are in debt. 😱 The most common is student loan debt, but credit card, auto, home loan and other types of debt are also putting millennials in financial hardships.
- There are doctor-recommended amounts of sleep, exercise and screen time for children. In the U.S., a new study reports that only 5% of kids meet the guidelines in all three categories.
- Here’s a car Fred from The Flintstones would be amped about…
Called the FitCar, the prototype pedal-powered-vehicle has a 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine powered by a pair of bike pedals rather than gas combustion.
- Surprisingly, out-of-home advertising (aka billboards and signs in buses) is growing.
- A recent study in a British research journal ranks America at #27 in ‘human capital’ — a far and steady fall from its ranking of #6 in 1990.
- “The Numeraire token is about to become the cryptocurrency of the entire hedge fund industry.” Check it out.
SIGNAL celebrates the developers, the builders, the innovators, the doers, and the dreamers who are reimagining how the world communicates. Be a part of it with us! Go to signal.twilio.com and get your ticket for 20% off by using the promo code: “MISSION20”.
The Mission is a new kind of media company. We publish stories, videos, and podcasts to help smart people get smarter. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or learn more about us here. We’d love to connect!
The Mission helps mission-driven companies build trust and connect with customers in a new way.
We create custom podcast sponsorships for enterprise companies. To learn more about why companies