JOINING THE ORDER
There’s no need to ‘join’ anything, of course, and certainly no need to say vows.
And of course, we’ll have no idea that you’ve actually joined the order, unless you tell us. Either way is perfectly fine. Because we respect silent vows and privacy. But if you’d like to let us know, please do. You can contact us below.
And to be clear, this isn’t a club so there are no fees. Unfortunately there are also no patches, coffee mugs or caps with catchy slogans. Yet.
About the Vows
Our vows are here to simply give a sense of perspective to an approach to living that’s compatible with the spirit of living more calmly, and hopefully a bit more responsibly. The monastery welcomes anyone, regardless of age, gender, social status, national origin, past lives, or religious or political persuasions.
The Little Creek Monastery is an independent and spontaneous Order, founded to provide a model of monastic living in everyday life. Casual or serious? Either way, we can be your monastery. Check out our amazing Vow Master.
THE CASUAL VOWS
THE 3 NOs OF THE MONASTERY
- No memorization required
- No membership fees
- No punishment if you mess up
- You do not need to be celibate… unless you need to be.
THE MONASTIC VOWS OF SILENCE
- You do not need the permission of the abbot to take a vow of silence.
- You may take a vow of silence at anytime.
- Breaking the vow is strictly prohibited — unless you have something to say.
THE SIX VOWS OF THE ORDER OF NOTHINGNESS
By joining the order, I (state your name) vow to daily do my best:
- To become more relaxed
- To keep a sense of humor as a top priority
- To keep my mind open, flexible, supple and limber
- That I want my heart in the right place, even when it’s not
- That I shall always strive for a higher perspective, even when it seems invisible or difficult to achieve
- That in a world that’s gone crazy, I will Abide