Using IGTV to engage new donors
Instagram just launched IGTV, a new app for long-form video. Now, you may be thinking, “great, another social network to keep track of” or maybe you’re even thinking “meh, another social network to ignore.”
IGTV, is a unique opportunity to engage your existing audience and reach new donors with story driven video that truly showcases the reason you work 70+ a week for the cause. Instead of ignoring IGTV — ignite your new opportunity to communicate your message to the 1 in 4 donors who give on mobile.
- IGTV is a standalone app wherein you post and engage video content directly on the IGTV app.
- IGTV video content also lives on the Instagram app, and easily share-able on facebook. This means you can engage multiple audiences with once piece of content — I’m talking, the billions—BILLIONS — of people across these platforms.
- Video content is discoverable via IGTV. They can follow your IGTV channel to get updates when you post. This is separate from a follow on your instagram channel, meaning you have the opportunity to tweak and re-use video across platforms or post content more unique to each based on what performs best.
- Your IGTV channel and video content links to your instagram where people will be able to follow the path to your site for more information on your organization.
- The content can be posted on the fly and in the moment, or planned and uploaded. You don’t have to put thousands of dollars into production when you have a smart phone and the power to hit “record” at the right time.
Yeah, but it’s only going to be like … 16 year olds, the Kardashians, and comedians on there, right?
- Wrong. Charity: Water is on their game — with over 300K in followers, they’ve already started to engage their existing audience and new potential donors with their mission .
You’ve got me, what can my nonprofit do to get on this?
- Figuring out what to post or want a quick consultation on the how to’s? Wethos Social Media Strategists range from $30–45/HR.
- Want to produce a video or get some existing video content edited up? Wethos videographers and video editors range from $45–60/HR.
As your Project Consultant i’ll start by understanding your goal,
and use that to connect you to mission & skill-aligned freelancers qualified to help, and at no cost to you other then the budget your organization can afford.
Dedicate your budget to accessing new audiences and telling your story in new ways that drive more donations.
Your an expert on the cause, on your organization — and maybe not in social media. New apps can seem intimidating, but not when you have the right help.
Email me, and i’ll get you started: firstname.lastname@example.org