New In Context Podcast: Deep Learning with Graham Taylor and David Duvenaud
This episode features a conversation with machine learning researchers Graham Taylor (University of Guelph) and David Duvenaud (University of Toronto). We discuss how deep learning enables us to exploit the creative potential of framing tasks and phenomena as optimization problems.
In the podcast, you’ll learn about:
- Different types of machine creativity
- Why deep learning was a conceptual breakthrough
- What variational inference is and why it’s important
- The latest research in automating the design of deep learning architecture
- What Geoffrey Hinton and mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan have in common