Divided By A Common Language

90% of the English language is understood by English speakers worldwide. The other 10% may as well be Swahili.

Steven Jones
Jan 31, 2020 · 7 min read

NGLISH is probably the most widely-spoken language in the world, thanks largely to a group of bored British explorers fed up with the lousy weather and bugger-all to watch on the telly, who decided about 250 years ago to go…