Polygon August Adrenaline Series — Nifty Comedians!
Polygon has been one of the fastest-growing Dapp platforms for Ethereum scaling, rapidly becoming the de-facto standard for DeFi, NFTs, and Blockchain Gaming with 500+ Dapps, ~7M daily txns, and 1.8M+ unique wallets.
The rise of gaming on Polygon has been especially noticeable, with more than 100,000 blockchain gamers on Polygon and top Web 3 games, and Nifty Comedians is one of them.
This tight-knit and exponentially growing gamer community is what led to the creation of Polygon Studios: a brand new arm of Polygon that is focused on growing the global Blockchain Gaming and NFT Industry, and bridging the gap between Web 2 and Web 3 gaming.
Introducing Polygon August Adrenaline: an initiative to highlight and get to know the Gaming & NFT projects on Polygon a little better!
The next project in this series is Nifty Comedians!
Please tell us more about your project and your team.
Nifty Comedians will be a niche Comedy NFT marketplace that will feature Comedy NFTs from comedians’ comedy clips, podcasts, and even jokes. As fans build their own Wall Of Fame collections, their collected Comedy NFTs will be featured on the marketplace.
Down the line, Nifty Comedians will also incorporate a HAHA social token that fans can earn by rating/curating Comedy NFTs, participating in Roast Battles between Comedy NFT collections & many more ways for fans to participate and feel like they’re part of the Comedy NFT Show.
In any comedy show, audience participation is a huge part of the laughter. From comedians asking questions to their fans (which can turn into hilarious roasting 🤣) to funny audience interactions with each other to noisy laughter & other responses to a comedian, the energetic aura a good crowd brings to a show is undeniable.
Nifty Comedians is a platform where users can find that lively comedy fan community. On Nifty Comedians, comedy fans can showcase what comics are their favorites, what bits they think are the best of all time, and that joke they come back to over and over again when they need a laugh, all collected in one place as their own personal comedy Wall Of Fame. Comedy NFTs also provide a social signaling aspect to fans when they collect any comic’s work before they were famous.
Nifty Comedians will be a one-stop-shop Comedy NFT Store where Polygon users can collect and show signed comedy collections from all their favorite comedians, find new comedy, & even benefit from supporting comedians. Nifty Comedians’ decision to join our growing NFT ecosystem to boost user adoption and make NFTs accessible to everyone.
Its core team below consists of designers, developers, managers, writers & advisors, who are all comedy fans!
- Jack McDermott — Co-Founder & CEO — Jack worked as a crypto Tax CPA while he grew his social token community of 400 members and managing these NFT launches of major comedians
- Ivana Milicic — Co-Founder & Designer — Ivana is a UX/UI designer that has more than 15 years of experience with teams of all sizes. She is currently a Senior Product Designer at Blockfolio
- Katy Kinsey — UX/UI Designer — Katy is an award-winning product designer & innovator in federal consulting for more than 7 years. She specializes in design ops, process, product discovery & research to deliver beautiful & usable software
- Frank Beatrice — Backend Developer — Frank has a history of working in start-up environments with strong organizational development. He is a consultant developing the backed & on strategic plans.
- Faith Wilks — Faith was the community support specialist/Discord community manager at Foundation, one of the biggest general NFT platforms in the space. She grew the community and implemented many community involvement initiatives in her time at Foundation, including the wildly successful NFTea Time
- Alex Wagner — Marketing/Growth Advisor — Alex Wagner is a growth and community strategist. He’s been in crypto since 2015 and has also done improv, stand-up, and sketch comedy
- Bryan Plasters — Technical advisor — Bryan is the Founder/Owner/Creator of Crypto Raves. He’s an OG Ethereum advocate & web 3 dev. DAO Member: The LAO, Flamingo, Neptune.
Where are you in the hype cycle for gaming and NFT’s?
We are early. There was early hype, but now the use cases of NFTs are setting in. The largest use case is social signaling. An incredible number of other use cases will be developing, including ticketing and access (to comedians in our case).
Who are some thought leaders you follow in the space?
Alex Masmej, Carlos Gomez, Gary Vaynerchuk, Jenil Thakker to name a few.
What are some best ways for newbies to get up to speed in space?
Learn by doing. Download a metamask wallet, create your own NFTs.
What is that one thing most people don’t know about your project?
The founder (Jack McDermott) has a background in creating & managing social token communities. He created a social token called Karma Credits which incentivized and rewarded good deeds. He’s looking to bring that experience to the HAHA token to reward fan participation in Nifty Comedians.
Why did you choose to build on Polygon?
Low fees, scalability, the mission of NFTs for everyone is what led us to build on Polygon.
About Polygon Studios
Polygon Studios is the Gaming and NFT arm of Polygon focused on growing the global Blockchain Gaming and NFT Industry and bridging the gap between Web 2 and Web 3 gaming through investment, marketing, and developer support. The Polygon Studios ecosystem comprises highly loved games and NFT Dapps like OpenSea, Upshot, Aavegotchi, Zed Run, Skyweaver by Horizon Games, Decentraland, Megacryptopolis, Neon District, Cometh, and Decentral Games.
If you’re a game developer, builder, or NFT creator looking to join the Polygon Studios ecosystem, get started here.
Polygon is the first well-structured, easy-to-use platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its core component is Polygon SDK, a modular, flexible framework that supports building and connecting Secured Chains like Plasma, Optimistic Rollups, zkRollups, Validium, etc, and Standalone Chains like Polygon POS, designed for flexibility and independence. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 500+ Dapps, ~567M+ txns, and ~6M+ daily txns.
If you’re an Ethereum Developer, you’re already a Polygon developer! Leverage Polygon’s fast and secure txns for your Dapp, get started here.