About Preseed Yoga, union.
In the backdrop of the tone of Preseed Yoga, we will help — Your business through our advice to you, on all matters of your business. As you progress into this essay, you will also learn why we call this service Preseed Yoga. Onboarding Preseed Yoga was going to be the next most important decision you were going to make towards ensuring that you are headed for the most optimized idea and strategy, within the realms of the abstract goals or startup you may have, in context to the time and resources in your hand.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKEXYNnL5bv/ — You need to first understand this, to understand Preseed Yoga.
We will not wait for you to bring your number projections before we say yes to you. And, if we say yes, it is a life long one. We like to bet our time on you before you can show the numbers. We bet purely based on our own insights and interests. We are about empowering entrepreneurs that have an incredible ‘idea’, a highly capable founder and an iron will to execute. This is about very early-stage startups. If we find you good enough to stimulate our minds, we would have views for you that could help you make further progress, from where you found yourself stuck and struggling. But these views are not mere theoretical views, these are strategies that need to be executed beyond the current capabilities of the startup team. When you sign a deal with us, be ready to be fluid to accept the NEW.
I say everything below in humility, but affirmation. I hope you will dig this, mostly in the depth of your silence. Dig us really deep, if you have a consumer web product that is just ready to have its first set of users, regardless of how ugly it looks.
The first quote below capture where you may be, and the second captures, what could be done on you, by us. There is mostly always room for greater clarity of thought. If you are absolutely clear on your words, direction, plan so simply that those you identify as collaborators understand at once and participates in what you are doing, consistently — then you don’t need us. If not, then you need us.
“IF YOU CAN’T EXPLAIN IT SIMPLY, THEN YOU DON’T KNOW IT WELL ENOUGH.” — ALBERT EINSTEIN. I am Nishchal, and I want to train you in simplicity.
What is a “questionologist?” (And why should you care?).
This link will give you some perspective on the importance of questioning. However, if you know the importance of being questioned for your own good, proceed to read below..
“To me, any question that causes people to shift their thinking is a beautiful one.” — Warren Berger
What do we do for you? We open doors of expansive perception.
Questioning is the most important thing we do for you. Leading to a renewed vision articulated in such a way, that it inspires team for they understand the vision for its simplicity and practicality. Generally this step is to do with trimming down of your feature rich plan to making it about ‘One Key Thing’, your USP, and mind you, USP is one first, not two; followed by all articulations centred around it. The right words, spoken and written with impact, by us, will hold values across pitching your startup to an investor; to a customer; to a partner; to your teams; but most importantly, to you, yourself. We do these right words over over days and nights of profound thoughts and research.
To be a successful entrepreneur, one must be a good storyteller: Exfinity Venture Partners chief V…
V Balakrishnan, Chairman of Exfinity Venture Partners, reveals why startups were always going to be the next big thing…
We also help you tweak designs on papers and content for your product’s identity website. What we will talk to you about across the next few months through our whys, whats and hows will aim to help you achieve — a more conscious, iterative and scalable vision; and in the process:
- Brand positioning — We give you something we call the first page of your words to your audience. This is a defining one. This sets the tone for what you will be known to have done, at first, and completely. Here we take care of the words that reveal your brand and identity — The identity of your business in the mind of people who want to know you. This and this alone will determine, what kind of handshakes you do, simply, just by communicating on the website about you. This is the first thing we like to dabble with you over. Having the right identity means, saving energy from having to explain, yet ambiguously, about who you are and why you deserve the handshake. Whether you are aligned with your brand, it reflects on your slide deck — that your business plan is in harmony with the brand possibility you are after in its position in the market. (I have a great understanding of Prelaunch Marketing. I found out that in best cases of software dev.— prelaunch marketing precedes coding. I would like to open it up to any tech startup to start learning from. Strong Prelaunch marketing should tell if the product is worth coding or not. It’s better than any other kind of validation.
The first thing you have to get right according to us is the vision as an iterative plan, where the first iteration really truly is the MVP with a globally scalable possibility in shortest amount of time. We craft with you visions of that magnitude. This renewed vision and advisory alongside is more than double your business potential — for there must be some extreme value in the lessons I will be sharing with you. If we shake a hand, it must be on the grounds of that possibility.
- Clarity over MVP — This can make or break your budget. One simply definable idea — I often notice how the exercise towards this is underplayed. Ugly MVP — Minimum Viable Products should remain ill designed till not customer validated, and that is alright, but not after. I help such MVPs be used by more customers by guiding the improvement of their current UI by far — In fact, I believe that you must create demand by being use-able at the level of your MVP all the way to it being beautiful, and not by being too many things and then annoying them with pushing banner ads about your product, meaning, by pushing your promotion with too many words, for too many things take too many words. One thing can be spoken about well, in one line. Be so good at doing one thing, that they talk about you with each other, let alone use you. I will help you with this one thing. I will also give you broad MVP wire frame, functionally, fairly differentiated with a similar product out there on the web anywhere in the world. (A design that works).
- Clarity over the next sets of product iterations/versions
When the above three fall in line — you are ready to move forward. This is a philosophical process which gives birth to the RIGHT DIRECTION.
- Vendor/Candidate Intros — I may be introducing you to relevant vendors, however, I myself may not be a part of anything more than the introduction. My commitment to you so far is, the time I will spend with the founder on matters of great intellectual challenges all the way to final strategies. I would expect the founders to be able to execute these strategies with their teams and vendors I will introduce them to.
Leading right handshakes not just recommending them — Support from the right set of investors and handshakes. Without the right kind of connections and handshakes, your business being game-changing will only be a concept in theory. Here we take care of the words that reveal your brand and identity — The identity of your business in the mind of people who want to know you. This and this alone will determine, what kind of handshakes you do, simply, just by communicating on the website about you. This is the first thing we like to dabble with you over. Having the right identity means, saving energy from having to explain, yet ambiguously, about who you are and why you deserve the handshake.
- Connections — We open some possibilities for your startup’s growth almost immediately. It may lead to some solid connections for your idea/startup. Many talented people from our extraordinary network get led to developing relationship with our startups. E.g. we connected Jitendra Sharma of Taxipixi with Pritesh Agarwal who was the VP at Ola at that time. This connection lead them to becoming cofounders in a spin off using their collective lesson to create something new as co-founders. They ended up startup Zipgo.
- Right slide deck — It is not just for the investors. It is for you to see for yourself, and to show your company to anyone, in 12 slides. Being able to put that one line on the very first slide for the investor has got more to do than to just put that one line. The same is true for all slides and all webpages. It forces you to be able to speak to everyone in that one line in a manner that convinces them about the novelty of your business. The drive to achieve the manifestation of that one line helps you simplify your idea, and to build the first marketable iteration in that exact direction, hence, a more likely and clear product market fit, the new found simpler product vision. It is this slide deck you pitch to most suitable investors.
- Meetings — Having us on your side of the table will mean, you will mostly have a proxy leader in the meetings in our voice and orchestration. We help you make the deals and train your team that define your business direction of the future.
- We will give you legal advisory, contractual/negotiation points and appear for meetings, that serve as the long term foundation of handshakes you will do.
As soon as we are on the same page about this through a written contract with you, we will further our engagement. But by this time, you may have felt the potential impact of our thought on your venture.
Don’t read any further if you are not ready to share at least 5% of your company just to continue to have conversations with me over the next few months towards nailing all of the above.
Your Total Cost:
Your cost — Upto 40% equity in your business for a few hours with us every month over our lifetime. This, because our presence will grow your business by at least 10x purely out of strategies we do for you and the presence we make in your meetings.
We charge at least 5% equity upfront + Rs. 15 Lakhs. We will give you a credit period of 1 year to pay the cash fee. We will discount this fee by 30% if it is paid monthly. We will give you a discount of 50% it is paid in advance i.e. within 3 days of our contract’s effective date. If you dig Preseed Medium essays though and through, to an extent that you sign a share transfer deed of you company.
Note — We take an upfront equity of 5% on day 1 itself for lending you our mind, remotely, such that you have clarity over ‘focus on one thing’ and ‘lean’. This is the first step of our involvement with you through phone calls and whatsapp voice notes. 3 months of access to me will be established at this stage.
Please don’t expect us to do anything for you before 100% of the compensation mentioned above is moved in our favour. Apart from of course, what we may have already done for you in the first set of meetings itself.
One day, at a cost of Rs. 10,000 Lakhs, and 5 % equity of your business, you would have begun to find the answers to the questions that will enable you to be a multi billion dollar business, someday, in 10 years.
Note : 5% is not enough for what we deliver, and so we attach ourselves to a milestone to make that further gain without impacting your gain possibility in the negative. We will discuss this on case to case basis. Our motivation to participate as a business with you is in this step. Because it is a direct worthy, boundless reward for how we raise the bar for you, with the resources it takes.
A guiding mind — it is this, you hire us for. Know this with clarity. Only this.
Towards the end of 2 years journey with us, you and most you will touch will evangelise your mission, not just your idea. For achieving natural evangelism of your company, 2 years is not a long period of time if this could be achieved. When your team believes in you for it understands your thought through the right set of words from either you or us or both of us, it is likely that you will be able to hire them at lower costs; because they are inspired now. It is the expression of your thoughts that will move your culture to be from that of employees to that of co-owners. It will keep the zeal within the company and outside, of the company, progressive.
You may write to us at email@example.com with your Slide Deck and how you found us i.e. reference. Write anything and in as many words as you like, but do attach a thoughtful slide deck. Remember, we may share this deck with our trusted network. Make it count. You never know which one among them may turn out to be a yet another handshake of significant importance to your startup, if they like it too. Our extended network has fair knowledge and credentials to know about what is going on in the world of contemporary web, and businesses and what from there can we leverage, including connections for you. The things we do in a day with our network, enable us to stumble upon many teams with a strong will to build further upon their startups, with supporting skills, a market-ready product, logistical and back end capabilities. We notice yet many of them fail. A lot of that reason is — that there is no one giving them outside-in perspective as we can. The adding of this colourful perspective means, they will always be thinking beyond norms.
If you don’t have a slide deck, make one. We won’t be able to serve you to the floor of our depth, without one. I have written a lot about what a slide deck should be about, here. Make use of this free gyaan about making of a slide deck. It is not the deck, but the process to making the one that satisfies us, that will be the key. This matters in how you and I learn or relearn to look at your business.
Here are some resources that I have written to aid you in your presentation the day you sit with me to vet your presentations before they reach the investor:
The following articles have a list of questions, the answers to which must be prepared while pitching your startup before an investor.
“The busiest of investors give high regard to an introducer who they trust with his business acumen and past credibility. So it would be in the interest of your goals with this investor to find yourself a well regarded individual from the industry to introduce you to the investor. What do I send to the introducer?”
Free to all Preseed Startups:
3 months every year in Preseed Ecell. We give your entire team a free private and beautiful fully managed co-working and co-living space in New Delhi so if the team chooses they can be closer to us for these 3 foundational months. This physical presence with us intensifies the process we run with you under the service of ‘Preseed Yoga’. This is merely a concept right now. Will be launched on the 1st day of 2020.
Why is our service called Preseed Yoga?
Through the grace of an overnight event in my life, I had an opportunity to take a jump and look beyond the limitations of my life, and I was reborn. It was for this reason, that you may want me to lead your most critical meetings. More on this later. But for now, you should know that if you want my presence hands-on, more or less, then it can’t come without the language of yoga and philosophy. Because it is important to me that my people understand fundamentals of life itself.
The sole purpose of my life now is to make people capable enough so that they break their limitation and come to a state of freedom. Freedom is a large sphere with lots of subsets.
If life is a result of 1 billion factors and you remove a few; it will not be the same.
We are running our economy at the cost of our life. In the last 200 years, we have made extinct almost 50% of animal species and changed the same volume of plants. Collectively they had contributed to making humans happen. Now we are suffering.
An inclusive economy is urgently required.
The whole orientation needs to change. The path of conquest should get replaced with the path of inclusion. Exclusiveness will ultimately kill us.
The time that the world be ruled by kings and politicians are moving towards an end. The next power centres are going to be people in economic activities. It is time that they bring inclusiveness within themselves.
This is not just about the world. The nature of human mechanics is such that if we run our mind faster than what our body and life can comprehend than distortions happen and no matter how much we become successful the joy and fulfilment will be far off. This is what has happened to the west; success and affluence have done the distortion and suddenly they are searching for purpose.
The physical aspect of yoga has gained more popularity in the rest of the world. But the way our physical system has limitations the physical aspect of yoga also has limitations. Yoga fundamentally is the mechanics of life. The techniques and methodology may range to millions but fundamentally every path is trying to get the mechanics of life right.
Your approach should be like a double-headed arrow. The more inside it goes; proportionately the more outside it should go. At this moment we have lost the head which goes inside.
Yoga is the only way.
I hope you READ WELL as I attempted to express myself, as your potential mentor.
Expect the Preseed touch on your founders.
Furthermore, I would like to state to you categorically, that we do right what most Indian startups do wrong. Let long term time pass by, and you will see for yourself that you have become a founder of taste and long term vision of genuine novelty. But not just that, you would have also become the founder who closes deals fast by communicating clearly.
Briefly put — This is where most Indian Startups go wrong generally -
1. Poor designs — Great designs will make your customers love your organization, not only your product.
2. Not harnessing the internet (and social media) — These are powerful, powerful tools. These are game changers. And they continue to ignore these.
3. Vaguely defined the roles and responsibilities of the team members. Ineffective delegation of tasks. The value of identifying not just a product market fit but the human business fit is what we will do for you.
4. Uninspired Colleagues — The team is unarguably the most important aspect of your business, and finding talented people who share your vision is arguably the most important and difficult task.
5. No crisp vision of the product or the service.
6. No Why — Great organisations have a why, before what and how, a why that converts their customers into patrons.
7. Ambiguous Communication — We have noticed that we have helped a lot of people communicate more clearly through written communication.
8. Un-optimized resources including the available human resources.
9. No Growth hacking — The twisted creative ways of creating growth. An earliest e.g. of growth hacking for web content/product creators is the tweet button.
10. Above all — Lack of simplicity.
We deliver this knowledge from time to time, to you, through phone calls,
At a place of your choice so long as you can organise our travel, simple home food and comfortable stay at your own costs. Or
3. At trekking camps in some mountains with you.
That choice is yours.
WE WILL TEACH YOU TIMELESSNESS. WITH THAT, WE WILL TEACH YOU HARMONY. Watch closely the rise in upliftment of the sense of your possibilities and capabilities, clearly out of just one right step forward — Preseed Yoga. To know possibilities conversations with me can lead you to, you need to think intuitively after researching me abstractly over my writings here on Medium, online social media presence and my website www.preseed.in, so as to imagine — what could the mostly silent founder of Preseed know and do for you. For many, perhaps nothing. For you, something — because what you are building, I would have wanted to build anyway, someday, for the good it stands for.
Note — It is also necessary that when you will raise further funds in future then you may have to issue fresh shares to external investors and this may result in “dilution” of x% stake of Preseed in the then equity share capital of your company. This issue needs to be addressed with clarity and detail by the CA who is advising you. Please also ask your CA/lawyers/advisors to create a Legal Agreement [Shareholders’ Agreement] that ensures 15% of equity of your company in favour of Preseed and what services will be sought by you from Preseed (which should be from within the scope of what is written here). Preseed will also like to know who are the other Shareholders in your company as those shareholders will have to sign the referred Shareholders’ Agreement along with a “Deed of Adherence” which shall also be signed by all future subsequent shareholders of your company ensuing seamless x% stake to Preseed in equity share capital/ownership of your company in future too.
What happens if I don’t perform for you? The same, that would happen if any decision of yours fail — you will lose money on that decision. That is the risk you have to be willing to take.
And now, YOGA.
A real event with a client:
So if you come to me with an idea and investment to back it, whether sweat or money, but not tech. Then hire that guy as a cofounder. You have no business to do without him. And please don’t come to me for that guy.
I can’t like that I am a part of a startup where there is no dedicated person any where near to be the tech co-founder.
That which I don’t like. I change first. I have found that guy for myself. Worthy cofounder in tech. You better hustle faster to find that guy for yourself. That is when you have a stronger chance at TSF.
What I sold him is a vision that I am after. That you are after too. But we are presenting it differently. Perhaps we are seeing it differently. And that difference bros, can be everything.
I think so far your approach was of someone here to speak. You spoke I heard. Then you kept speaking without hearing. That’s when things got a bit messed up for temporary moments. But that all a part of his high intensity journey we are on. In the spirit of intensity and passion!!
Anyway, my direction with every problem is first, don’t stop till you find the guy. Don’t even start till you find the guy. That guy is a coder. When you find him. Make yourself conducive to him. Try to build the relationship.
For the single most important person for the startup with 2 solid men on hustle / vision / leadership is the guy on code.
The guy I started the code of. Todoed with is called Sai and everywhere he is the co founder of Todoed. The guy I started the code of MyIdealsit with is called Dhaval. He is the cofounder.
When I start a product, I made it a rule that the tech cofounder is there timely.
Your idea is worth a $100,000 the moment that person is found.
This is far more important a job to be achieved than the MVP.
This was my thinking.
It’s simple: if there is no guy you could refer to as a cofounder on tech, there is no meaningful startup there. There is only a product built by outsourcing.
That model of building a startup is flawed.
But a lot of people resort to it because of it is easy to get the product than to find the tech cofounder with super abilities.
So I have Dhaval on the way to delivering you the MVP within this month.
That’s what you would like. So be it.
But here is the thing that the world of future partners/investors/mature teams/ and finally users would like :
Just one more guy. The tech cofounder. He is the missing link.
Bro I have found that guy.
Basically I have found us the person who when sitting as a cofounder with us on PYT will make PYT rock solid from day 1. He means we will have the product and just one guy like him is capable.
I always like a lean team of 3 champions than 10 mediocres.
I want the following structure. The team from my end is final. Ofcourse the final from you end is the real final.
Core team — you 75%, I and that guy 25% that I will handle as I like. I will negotiate with him on stocks with my own negotiation and inspiration inducing power.
Cost : Be willing to bear costs. The possibility of creating a 100 million dollar product or more will seem more real to you than ever. So please be willing to bear the costs with big and generous heart. That’s the only way to do this right bro.
Per month salary to tech cofounder 2 lakhs Max.
Per month fee to Preseed 2 lakhs. ( for lending I and preseed’s back up)
1 lakh of other costs.
Please form the company PYT, invest 60 lakhs of cash in it, with full intention to abide by the above budgeting.
I will lead the product Dev and iterations. You lead the investment and marketing.
In short :
So here is my new structure of our deal. And a final one.
- Invest 65 lakhs in PYT.
- 2. Let me drive this budget in my own way spread over 12 months.
- 3. What you will get every quarter will be inspiring to say the least.
I am excited more than ever because I have finally found the guy. Everything above this line was written by me in advance in consideration for this day, for I was desperately looking for this guy — the tech co founder.
Now PYT is looking like a startup