What Are We Looking For?
The Prolific Writer is all about writing fast, often, and well. Our community is dedicated to helping writers create work at prolific speeds. Prolific-ness can be defined by a variety of metrics. But at the heart of the prolific writer is a desire to produce consistent and quality writing for readers to enjoy. Words that impact others and make the world a better place.
We’re constantly in search of articles that focus on writing, productivity, publishing, and anything that inspires/helps writers get unstuck, and get more words on the page.
>Every article must fit our mission: Helping motivated writers get unstuck.
>Submissions must be nonfiction. Unless you’re participating in the 52 Short Story Challenge.
>We prefer unpublished stories. Not a deal breaker, but if you submit unpublished stories we can ensure they’re of the highest quality, and edited properly.
By submitting stories to The Prolific Writer, you agree to play by the House Rules. Don’t be a jerk, play nice, and we’ll keep you around. If you continue to break the rules, we’ll send you packing. That’s fair, right?
A couple more things:
- Articles must adhere to the policies of Medium. Partner Program stories have their own rules to abide by. Please read them carefully.
- Articles must be appropriate. If The Prolific Writer deems your material crass, offensive, or not a right fit for our community, no-go.
- Articles must have a point. Please don’t ramble and tap into your inner-artist that’s a bunch of free-flowing nonsense. Action steps and practical application for your stories are much appreciated. Don’t be scared to experiment in style and tone, but, always shoot for inspiration and a focused point.
- Articles with an abundance of self-promotion, no thanks! Please keep your promotion limited. Linking to other stories are fine, shout out to your books okay, but don’t go crazy. A sea of links in your stories will not get published.
- Articles need to be well-written. Please use spell check and if grammar is not your strong suit, ask for help. If English is not your primary language, please have someone proofread. Poorly written articles will be booted to the curb.
- Articles must be formatted correctly. Please use titles, images, and formatting in proper ways. Your images must be for public consumption and royalty free. Pixabay and Unsplash are good sites for images. See Medium guidelines.
- Articles must be owned by YOU! If you’re submitting stolen material or not properly cited work, bye-bye!
- Articles are to stay with The Prolific Writer. Once your stories are submitted and accepted by The Prolific Writer. Please don’t remove them from our publication. You still own all copyright son your work, but if you remove stories often, you will be asked to leave.
How Do I Write for The Prolific Writer?
- Fill out a request form. Be patient, and it might take a few days before getting a response. Not everyone is accepted.
- You must have a Medium profile before requesting to write for our publication. No exceptions.
- Submit a draft. Follow the Medium guidelines for submitting a draft to a publication.
- Do not email us story ideas or articles. They will be ignored.
- Only one story submission per day. Multiple submissions on the same day will be ignored.
- Be patient. We will work hard to have your story live in 24–48 hours.
- If there’s a problem with your submission: we’ll send a private note.
Questions or Concerns?
>Email our Editor-in Chief: Ryan, via email.