Why I Chose a New Macbook Pro Over a Typewriter
Just recently, I found myself without a device in which to transcribe my thoughts and procrastinate on. After much time spent researching, eating mandarins and getting blackout drunk, I had whittled my way down to two choices: a 13" Macbook Pro with Retina display, or a 1939 Remington Compact Portable typewriter.
I present to you the list of pros and cons that I made for my final decision.
13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- 2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
- Can use it to watch Rick and Morty
- 256 GB Storage
- Comes with word processing software
- Can use it to store and process photos and videos
- Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
- 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 memory
- Weighs 1.58kg
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage1
- Intel Iris Graphics 6100
- Force Touch trackpad
- Can browse Facebook
- Can display porn in HD
- Costs a approximately three fuck tonnes
1939 Remington Compact Portable
- Will inspire hipster appreciation
- Comes with inbuilt word processor
- Can’t watch porn
- Pretty much can’t do anything except to type
Ultimately it was a hard fought battle — one that involved levels of consideration that I didn’t know I had. It has been a soul searching journey, an expensive one, but I believe I have come out on top.