The Relish was founded in 2016 with the mission to democratize sports for the next generation of fans. We launched as a sports media company focused on creating content by + for female fans and (in November 2018!) debuted our first app, a social video platform where fans go to talk sports and can become broadcasters. We’re currently scouting for a badass iOS engineer to build out awesome new features for 2019.
Our #1 draft pick is the kinda person who knows the latest about iOS development — best practices, great UI patterns, clean code. You’re a person who really notices the details about a beautiful iOS app experience and loves sharing it with the world. Swift is one of your favorite languages, but you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty with other technologies as well.
The role is full-time here at The Relish HQ (downtown in San Francisco’s Financial District) and will report into the CTO.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate on projects with product design and content teams
- Build features on the iOS application
- Self-manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Define the technical direction of our native iOS application
- Mentor future engineers in best practices
Who You Are
- You have a solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- 2+ years of programming experience in Swift
- Strong technical knowledge of iOS mobile application development for iPhone/iPad using Objective-C/Swift with Cocoa Touch and related frameworks
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Comfortable in a startup environment — self-directed and self-motivated
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Firebase
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code