A Link of Her Own: September 13, 2016
Athletes dancing, a Friday Night Lights reunion video + more must-clicks
- The NFL has named Sam Rapaport, a former women’s pro tackle football player, as its new Director of Football Development. She’ll work to identify women who are knowledgeable about football and help create networking relationships and place them in coaching and scouting positions at the team level. At the moment, Kathryn Smith is the only full-time female coach in the NFL, so we ❤ this news!
- The Niners beat the Rams 28–0. Not a great start for L.A.’s newest team.
- Antonio Brown was penalized for twerking as a touchdown celebration on Monday night en route to Pittsburgh’s 38–16 victory:
- The NCAA has moved several championships out of North Carolina due to the state’s “bathroom law.”
- Could college basketball “free agency” be upon us?
Longread of the Day
Is there anything we like better than a free online Friday Night Lights ten-year reunion special? Not really.
Must-See Photo of the Day
The NFL and Nike have unveiled this season’s Color Rush uniforms:
Must-See Video of the Day
We already knew from her floor routine that Laurie Hernandez could cha-cha with the best of them, but IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe and partner Sharna Burgess actually tied Hernandez and partner Val Chmerkovskiy’s high score Monday night on Dancing With The Stars. And Hinchtown (as he’s known on social media) looked very dapper doing it:
Oh, and after Ryan Lochte’s performance, two men rushed the stage.