The Shortform
Published in

The Shortform

A Killer Headline is Only 60% of the Battle. What’s the Other 40%?

It’s not flowery words

Photo by Brian McGowan on Unsplash

What do you need to make a story? A beginning, a middle, and an end.

The headline is arguably the most important part of an article, as it’s what draws in the reader. But what do you do once you’ve got them in, curious visitors?

--

--

--

The Shortform is dedicated to the quick read. If you are looking for some tiny nuggets of knowledge or some easy entertainment, you came to the right place. Specially designed for consuming content when you are short on time or energy.

Recommended from Medium

Outlines have a time and place; a personal essay isn’t one of them

Of Puppies, Pandemics and Privilege

The (Usually-but-Not-Always-Unacceptable) Comma Splice

Know Your World, and You’ll Know Your Story

Enormous Benefits of Reading 15 Articles a Day

Books reflecting the amount of reading that should be done in a day

My Three Month Blogging Experiment — First month: No Self-Promoting

How to Start a Blog in 2017 — Five Easy Steps

The First Book Finished. Surprisingly, the Hardest Part Wasn’t Writing Itself

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Ilana Lydia

Ilana Lydia

A theater person/writer/reader of curiosities. A believer in wonder.

More from Medium

Writers Hate “No Milk Today!”

Why Writing by the Seat of Your Pants Helps You More than Crafting an Outline

Don’t forget your first love….

Reassessing Priorities for Writing