Write With Us
We need your help to shine a light on independent music.
The Society Pages is a music publication focusing solely on independent music. New writers bringing work focused specifically on indie artists or adjacent indie topics (indie record stores, indie labels, indie playlists) are welcome here.
What are we looking for?
- A writer passionate about new or lesser-known indie artists that deserve focus
- A writer with a finger on the pulse of their local music scene and music stores.
- A writer adept at finding new music that deserves a wider audience, and capable of creating playlists that create a buzz.
I look forward to reading your pieces and editing them. I don’t plan on making publishing here daunting. I do, however, hope to create a supportive space with great writing. A well-written article can get a reader hyped about artists out there with limited exposure. I want to help you, the artists, and the locations that need our support.
If you’re questioning whether your article meets the criteria, feel free to read over articles posted in the publication focused on artists and playlists off the mainstream.
Getting approved as a writer doesn’t guarantee publication, but as with other great editors on this platform, I will do my best to help you until is it publishable.
What are we not looking for?
- No discussions about well-known artists classified as indie (i.e. some classify Billie Eilish as an indie artist, but everyone and their brother know about her (and her brother))
- No derogatory pieces comparing mainstream and indie. We all like what we like, we can share the same space.
Any indie genre of music is accepted.
How to submit
- Get approved as a writer — Leave a comment at the bottom of this article if you would like to be an approved writer for The Society Pages.
- Tag and Submit your article — Simply find The Society Pages under the “add to publication” tab. Articles with playlists should use the tag “Indie Playlists”. Informative articles should use the tag “Indie Music”.
I appreciate your consideration of our publication and look forward to reading your work.