To Insert a Title Image:
- Click the “…” in the left margin to expand the menu and select the landscape icon.
- Select your image from the folder. You can read about images in this article.
- Type your title and subtitle (if desired) over the image.
- To remove the image, click on it to reveal the “…” icon in the left margin. Hover over the icon and click the “X.”
- You can then begin writing your story underneath the image by placing your cursor below it.
- This also applies to all inline full-bleed images at any point in your story.
To Adjust Title Placement:
- You can place your title in the middle or bottom of the title image by putting your cursor in front of the first word and hitting “return” on your keyboard. To move it back to the top, put your cursor in front of the first word and hit “delete” on your keyboard.
- To change the size and style of your title, highlight it and select from one of the formatting options.
- To center your title, select it and click the centering icon.
- This also applies to the text in all inline full-bleed images at any point in your story.
To Create a Title/Subtitle:
You don’t necessarily need a title in the body of your story. However, we do require a title and story description (or subtitle) to display your story in lists across Medium.
- After finishing your story, click the “Publish” button. That will open the listing editor.
- Edit the title and subtitle to reflect how you want your story presented across Medium, if that is different than what you have in the story itself. These fields will not sync with what is written in the editor.
- You can also set the post to “unlisted,” or feature the post if it is in a collection.
- Click “Publish Changes” to broadcast the title/subtitle across Medium.