Vue Storefront Hackathon, 1.0 STABLE, case studies
Happy coding this Friday!
This Friday is Hackday! We’re hosting a full day Vue Storefront hackathon at our office in Wrocław + remotely. If You like please join us in our office or via Slack + Github.
9:00–10:00 — Issues/topic selection to work on during the day
10:00–13:00 — Individual work
13:00–15:00 — QA Session / VS Architecture
15:00–16:00 — pizza + refreshements
16:00–19:00 — coding
19:00 — beer + networking
We’ve selected quite a few ideas for tasks to be taken during the event. You can find them on Github Issues.
Slack Office Hours with the Core Dev Team
The core team plan to be available for all kind of questions on this Wednesday 20:00 CET (GMT+1), 13:00 PDT (UTC-7).
Here is the Slack invitation link
For the top contributors we have special T-shirts:
1.0 STABLE is coming (June)
We’re after all major refactoring efforts. Last thing is Webpack 4.0 support which is underway. Compile time even -60% faster!
Last week we’ve added Bundle products and Custom options support which makes Vue Storefront 100% compatible with all Magento advanced product options.
A lot of UX improvements and the Multiwebsite support(currently partially supported) are underway.
The full roadmap for the next releasees can be found on our Github / Milestones.
We’re so excited — our partners and we ourselves are working on pretty cool projects that we’ll start featuring around 1.0 STABLE release. Just a short spoiler:
- Guys from vendic.nl will be presenting some cool Electronics shop going live in a month,
- Bitbull do have some cool PoC for Italian Fashion brand,
- pretty cool AMP+PWA case is coming+few other not-so-obvious tech studies are underway,
- + about 3 other cases to be announced in a matter od 3–4 weeks.
Vue Storefront Worldwide
What’s one of the most inspiring things about Vue Storefront — is that the community never sleep. There is about 300 devs in 18 timezones currently playing with Vue Storefront.
We have local presence in the following countries:
- Spain (Madrid) — via Ecommbits,
- Argentina (Buenos Aires) via Summa Solutions,
- UK (Birmingham) via Develo Design,
- US, India and Bolivia via Wagento,
- US, Ukraine via Magenest,
- Brasil, US via imaginationmedia,
- Netherlands (Amsterdam) via get_noticed and Vendic,
- Italy (Milano) via Bitbull,
- Canada (Quebec) via Novatize,
- Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane) via Acidgreen,
- Vietnam (Hanoi) via Magenest
- Slovenia (Skofja Loka) via OptiWeb
- Germany (Munich) via Implemend
- Poland thanks to Snow.dog and Macopedia