Vue Storefront Hackathon goes international: summary of 5th edition in Milan
We are so happy of the success of this event: over 35 developers came at Eataly Smeraldo and 20+ joined remotely on the Slack channel working together on fixing bugs and implementing new features, with a total of 15 PR closed during the day! And the best part is that many of them was made by newcomers in the Vue Storefront development! This thanks to the included training session held by VS founder and core developer Filip Rakowski at the beginning of the day (you can find the basic training in this recording).
Some of the accepted Pull Requests are:
- ElasticSearch improvements (scoring, boosting, misspelling/fuzziness) by QBO Digital
- An improved logging system by Fabio Gollinucci
- Output cache clearing versioning by Bartek Igielski
- Some fixes and docs updated by Federica Villata, Lorena Ramonda and Giulia Chiola
- Fix running process on pm2 server by Patryk Tomczyk
- Fix for products count in category by Renato Cason
And many more! Thank you to all for the contribution!
And beyond the code contributed during the day, there have been even some interesting design sessions that lay the groundwork for some important features that will be implemented in the next versions, like the Magento 2 MSI integration led by Alessandro Ronchi.
The event showed again how much vibrant and friendly is the Vue Storefront community!
Hackathon season is just a beginning!
The pace of new hackathons are announced is high! Don’t miss the very next ones:
- 6th Official Vue Storefront Hackathon, February 12th, by Get.Noticed in Amsterdam — Get Your Tickets! It’s one day before Vue.js Amsterdam where Filip will have a speech 🙌
- 7th — will be announced shortly — probably Stockholm!
It’s now a global event! If you like to organize an official Vue Storefront Hackathon please drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive all the marketing stuff, the training and Core Developers attending your event!
This event was a great opportunity for us at Bitbull to give back our support to this truly awesome community! We strongly believe that the key to the success of a project is true open governance and collaboration, and Vue Storefront is a great example of such an approach! So, thank you to Divante, Snow.Dog, DeveloDesign and all the other awesome partners and see you at the next hackathon! 👋