Ultimate Social Media channels for Business Guide — Part 2
In Social Media Channels for Business Guide — Part One we discussed the main stream channels for your Social Media Marketing Strategy, In Part two we will be discussing sort of niche channels and by niche I don’t mean small platforms, I Mean they are better suited for specific industries.
Social Media Channels … Continued
- 53% of Users are between the age of 18–29.
- 29% of Online Females use Instagram.
- 22% of Online Males use Instagram.
- 28% of users live in an urban area.
Instagram has been enjoying a steady growth, and being embraced by marketers everywhere and for a good reason, it’s visual and users are emotionally invested in what you share on it which makes it a powerful marketing tool but one that needs careful planning, so here are a few tips to get the most out of Instagram:
- Create a great identity with your profile, include a great description and a link to your website. Utilise the space!
- Create a guide-line for your content, consistency with your posts is key.
- Only post interesting visuals, make sure they are beautifully designed.
- Put together a posting schedule and use an automatic posting tool (try keep it daily).
- Interact with other users, repost interesting photos that match your marketing persona and use the “@” to mention the original contributor.
- USE HASHTAGS, yes use custom and popular hashtags to attract followers don’t be shy.
- Instagram offers a great feature where it can auto-posts to your Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more, so use it.
- Follow and comment, be active don’t just post photos, use the search feature and comment on hashtags related to your business but STAY AWAY from sales pitches.
- Reach out to influencers.
- Start a Contest or giveaway.
Before we go on telling you why Pinterest is good for a business’ marketing strategy, I want you to check out their success stories page. While Pinterest is quite a different social network, it is a place where every one shares visual interests so it kind of is Super Instagram sharing the same principles, you need a lot of research and planning to succeed on Pinterest.
- 42% of Online Females use Pinterest while only 13% of Online Males use it.
- 34% of Online Adults between the age of 18–29 use Pinterest.
- 30% of Online Adults living in rural areas use Pinterest.
- 34% of Online Adults making over $75,000 use Pinterest.
But why Pinterest?
It Converts and drives traffic
Pinterest offers the simplest cycle of purchase, See It, Like It, Buy it. Directly pinning products from your website with a simple description and a direct link to the purchase page reduces the sales cycle and increases the conversion rate.
Posting visually interesting pins will help you gain more inbound marketing through users sharing your pin and saving it to their own collections, exposing you to more prospects than any other social media channel.
It is addictive
Pinterest thrives on its addictive nature, the average time spent on Pinterest is 14.2 minutes per visit!
Great discovery platform
Being able to easily find out what your prospects and current clients are interested in for the possibility of new products and new revenue streams.
The new kid on the marketing block, with 100 million daily users and 10 billion daily video views. Snapchat has become part of everyone’s daily routine.
- 70% of users are Females.
- 72% of users are under 25 years old.
- 62% of users earn less than $50,000 annually.
- 58% of users are likely to buy a product if they’ve received a coupon on Snapchat.
Snapchat is a great way to connect with your prospects and current customer on another level. People love to look at what’s going on behind the scenes, Snapchat offers you the power of sharing behind the curtain on daily basis with all your followers, giving your business a realistic feel and a personal touch.
While we can discuss more Social Media Networks like Google+, Periscope, Tumblr .. etc we will just focus on the ones we listed, again as we mentioned in Part One you don’t have to create an account on all of the aforementioned social channels, try focus on one or two to start with and find the one that best connects YOU with your audience, after all; you can have collectively 10,000 followers but none of them really want your product, focus on the channel that offers the most returns. SHARE. ANALYSE. REPEAT.