COVID-19 Closures & How We’re Bringing Our Community Online
Dear Wing Community,
Sometimes coming together as a community means spending some time apart. In an effort to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and proactively protect our members and employees, The Wing has made the decision to close our spaces throughout the remainder of March. We will not be charging member dues while our spaces are closed, and we hope to reopen by April 1, 2020.
These are anxiety-inducing circumstances, but while we weather the storm from the comfort of our homes, we see an opportunity for our community to reinforce its connections and look out for each other digitally. While our spaces are closed, here’s how we’re planning to keep our community connected and thriving:
- Join your fellow Wing members. They’re supporting each other and connecting via The Wing app (on web and iOS) .
- Connect over shared interests. There are over 100 active member groups on The Wing app, including: Cooking Club, Trashy Novel Book Club, Black Winglet Group, and Entrepreneurs in Scale Mode.
- Community as self-care. In groups like Winglets with Anxiety and Practical Survivalists, members are actively coming together to take care of one another, sharing solid advice and soothing words for these trying times.
- Digital events. We will be acting quickly to boost our digital programming offerings, including conversations around the 2020 election, book club discussions, and advice sessions with prominent Wing members.
- Wing Perks. Did you know members have access to hundreds of perks and special discounts? Stock up on PJs, sheets, and bakeware from member-owned companies like Cuyana, Parachute, and Great Jones. Make your health dollars go further with discounts to OneMedical, Tia, and Ritual Vitamins. Soothe your nerves with CBD from member-founded Gossamer and vibrators from Dame Products. Check them out here.
If you don’t have the Wing app, download it here and connect with The Wing community.
We’ll contact all of our members the second The Wing’s spaces reopen. In the meantime, remember that we’re all in this together, so stay in touch!