I wrote last week about the Blog-Your-Own-Book Challenge, or BYOB. Basically, it’s a four-month project where you’ll plan, write, edit, and prepare a short ebook for publishing.
July is for planning. August is for writing. September is for editing. And October is for publishing. In the end you’ll have a completed book that you’ll be able to either publish or use as a marketing tool — or both.
There were some questions that came up, so I thought I’d answer them here.
Where can I get updates about BYOB?
I’ll be posting about BYOB here on Medium. If you want me to send those posts to you, click here and subscribe (free is fine, nothing about BYOB will be behind the paywall) to The Write Brain, Ninja Writer’s Substack.
The Write Brain
Photo by Sophie Elvis on Unsplash The Blog-Your-Own-Book Challenge starts . . . right now! BYOB is a chance for you to…
Is BYOB for me?
It is if you fit any of these criteria:
- You want to develop a daily writing habit.
- You want to learn how to be a better writer.
- You are interested in trying out self-publishing.
- You have an idea you want to explore.
- You want to grow your audience.
- You want to learn about blogging.
- You want to learn about editing.
- You want to learn how to prepare a manuscript for publishing.
- You want to be part of a cool project!
It might not be for you if you feel like the pressure of writing every day for 31 days will make you unhappy or anxious.
It might not be for you if you really want to try to traditionally publish the exact work you’re going to blog (see a fuller discussion of this below.)
That’s about it. If you aren’t going to be upset by the pace of the project and the whole thing aligns with your goals — then yes…