It’s the Most Wonderful Time of The Year. To our US readers, I hope you’ve enjoyed your turkey and haven’t grown weary with Christmas songs looping in the radio. To our hustling friends in school, I hope you’re well-prepared for finals! (I’m not.)
A quick recap:
- Our poll in late October led to an article about Professor Hon-Ming Lam’s Journey to India. The South Africa article will come sometime in the near future, once I get this finals thing figured out.
- Meanwhile, Adam Bodley recalled his life-changing experience at the Galapagos Islands. Make sure to check out the pictures that he took!
- Newcomer Roisin Conneely talks about her love of tea in Cupan Tae. Show her some love!
- Whitney Weigel writes about the great things that could come for the Bluegrass State that she has grown up.
By the way, we received a #CyberMonday gift when Georgia Tech Inventure Prize gave us a small prototype award. Check out thexylom.com, which will be our main hub going forward. All our articles will be first posted on our site and shared on social media before they are posted here on Medium. For the time being, we’ll still send out letters using Medium.
- We have secured an exclusive interview with Dr. Carl Safina of Stony Brook University. The MacArthur, Pew and Guggenheim Fellow will shed light on how New York shaped him in his research, his life and beyond.
- We are still recruiting contributors for the “Twitter, Meet Scientists” project! Direct your scientist friend here or just simply help us share the word.
An early Merry Christmas to y’all,
Founder and Editor