Platform Development: Update 15
Tiếng Việt | 한국어 | 日本語 | 简体中文 | Русский
Hi, all! Please find below a regular development status report, this one covering the period from Nov 13 to Nov 25. Within this timeframe, we were focused on preparing technical specification for the inner Role Based Access Control system, writing the Developer’s Guide for game integration and starting The Abyss platform Profile page development.
Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
As part of SDK development task, in the recent sprint, we’ve started & completed technical specification for RBAC — the built-in system of access permissions. The system allows to assign user roles providing them access permission for certain operations on the platform. At the early stage, we will introduce the minimum set of Role Groups, including:
- Platform User (Non-registered, Registered User, Registered User with Confirmed email, User licensed game, etc…) — among operations available for this category are “Game list preview”, “Tokens withdrawal”, “Token deposit”, “Purchased games launch”, etc.
- Developer — from the developer’s perspective, RBAC system allows to provide various access permissions to company’s owner, CEO, Marketing Director, Build Manager, and others.
- Administrator — RBAC system provides various access permissions to content managers (content publication & update), support team (financial & license operations, safety issues), etc.
Further RBAC development implies creating access permissions for 30+ user sub-roles depending on users’ professional skills, demands and interests.
We have successfully completed the Developer’s Guide draft (version 0.1.1). The purpose of this document is to provide a comprehensive information regarding the integration of your product with The Abyss Platform, including API methods examples, parameters, contract descriptions available in the existing basic API methods, and the list of planned API methods. The Developer’s Guide is aimed at making the process less time consuming and more efficient for game developers.
Software Development Kit (SDK)
While writing the Developer’s Guide, we’ve carried out an in-depth decomposition of tasks volume set before the development team. The ready-to-go SDK will be presented just a few weeks later that we planned before. We take this time to make a quality SDK for the developers. However, the Developer’s Guide already contains enough info allowing developers to estimate their efforts for the integration.
License management system (LMS)
We have completed the analysis and design stage of LMS development, then moving on to basic functions implementation, the key of which are related to games pre-orders options. These were completed in development, tested & published during current sprint.
Expanding the development team
The Abyss development team has been reinforced by another front-end developer. Pavel Demyanov has 4 years of experience in numerous large international projects (titles not disclosed under NDA). A good knowledge of our front-end app technological stack (ReactJS/Redux) allowed Pavel to adapt and feel comfortable within The Abyss development team.
Adaptive Dark Color Design
The work done in the context of this task, included:
- Game Page — the revision of its concept and adding new Game API methods. We’re currently getting the page prepared (breakdown by components currently in progress) for the back-end integration;
- Main Page — the work has moved to the second stage. We’ve developed the Main Page visual prototype and added animation, navigation and other elements. It is now been reviewed and undergoing finetuning;
- Profile Page — an active design phase started.
Well, that’s it for today. The Abyss Team will keep you up to date with the development progress twice per month. The next report is scheduled for December 10, 2018.
And stay tuned! We have much to show you!
The Abyss Team