Platform Development: Update 17
Tiếng Việt | 한국어 | 日本語 | 简体中文 | Русский
Hi, all! Please find below a regular development status report, this one covering the period from Dec 10 to Dec 23. Within this timeframe, we were focused on further SDK evolution (pRBAC, theabyss_api.dll, Embedded JS API, etc.), performing a successful API testing (game integration method) and other tasks.
Software Development Kit (SDK) evolution:
1. Parameterized Role-Based Access Control (pRBAC)
After completing technical design for the inner pRBAC system, we have started breaking it into smaller tasks and planning them for implementation. Coming to the roles assignment, it should be mentioned, that there will be at least one default group for all registered users. Further roles will be assigned individually. We will also create a series of audit methods and Check Access System that will allow to check/confirm session&user permissions in realtime mode.
By mid-December, all key Developers’ API methods were implemented in our C++ library. In particular, we’ve completed the Invoice Managememt System (IMG) for in-game purchases and had it integrated to C++ library. The first received feedbacks from developers (who have studied the SDK Documentation) are considered and a series of improvements introduced.
3. Embedded JS API
The technical solution for the Embedded JS API (for Web Games) is complete. The team will start implementing it after user interface revamp is complete.
4. API Tests
We have run a series of tests to make sure that our API allows to port games from other platforms without introducing any changes to the initial code. We have chosen Space War (hidden Steam game) and performed the first successful integration. This example proved a fast game installation (the game which is already installed on another large platform) by a simple library substitution.
User Interface Revamp
We are moving forward with the user interface revamp. In the past two weeks, our old pages have been completely redesigned. Some of them were re-built with usability improved. The complete change of colors from white to a dark theme gives us more space to re-think the elements and re-position the orders, priority and sizes. Your feedback on the pre-alpha stage was very helpful for us. The list of tasks done is provided below:
- New responsive design and improved UI for all the rest pages: Transaction History/Deposit/Withdrawal/User Profile/Settings/2FA/Authorization/Dialogs;
- Referral statistics page is 100% complete in ReactJS/Redux components. The first of many cool diagrams already inside;
- We can now create new modal windows dramaticaly fast. Authorization is done like a flash;
- The final version of Store Item Object Structure data model is complete. The new data structure supports Sharding and is ready for a full-scale exploitation. This is due to new Web API methods implementation. The work on structure administration interface currently in progress;
- All finished front-end components integrated into Web API;
- User Profile and User Settings pages are almost done. As well as cute dialog windows and notifications.
- The work on building the inner The Abyss UIKIT (with breakdown by elements) have started.
All this means that the design is now well prepared for further expansion.
Well, that’s it for today. The Abyss Team will keep you up to date with the development progress twice per month. The next report is scheduled for January 7, 2019.
And since it is Dec 24 already, let us wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Stay tuned in 2019! We have The Abyss platform to show you!
The Abyss Team