Please find below a regular development status report, this one covering the period from Apr 29 to May 12, 2019. Within this timeframe, we were strongly focused on implementing the Developer Account, introducing a series of improvements to security and payment systems and further infrastructure evolution.
The team is currently working on the implementation of the Developer Account that will allow developers to manage and run their games in an easy-to-use way. The current task includes adding basic statistics and tracking tools to the desktop version of the platform. Basic statistics will be available in both browser/desktop versions on a dedicated page providing the following information (filters) for each game:
- Number of registered users;
- Number of game downloads (desktop app version);
- Number of game starts/sessions (web version);
- Number of customers;
- Number of purchases;
- Average purchase amount;
- Number of purchases per user;
- Revenue for the selected time period;
- Number of referrals;
- Referral network revenue;
- Chargeback/refund information.
At the MVP stage, the time period can be filtered by current month/previous month/all.
Game sessions tracking tool, which will be also available in the Developer Account, will provide the following data for each game:
- New Players;
- Average game session time;
- Average game session time per player;
- Active users (spending much time playing);
- Effective Users (making purchases);
- Concurrent Users (players currently online).
We keep on evolving the Developer Account in a step-by-step manner. More features, tools and instruments for game management and analysis will be added on the next stages of platform development.
Chargeback Management System
The new Chargeback Management System, that we have implemented, keeps the records of the electronic products returns (if any). The basic functionality includes:
- License revocation upon purchase cancellation;
- Conducting reverse transactions in crypto-fiat accounting for income adjustments, deductions, taxes and commissions;
- Notifying the developer about the Product Order status changes.
Risk Mitigation System
We’re also creating a Risk Mitigation System — a special mechanism which helps to reveal users whose activity seems somewhat suspicious. For example, some users may seem to have lost control over their accounts, judging by the suspicious activity going on. In such cases, for security reasons, we may ask a user to contact the support service to validate his/her identity. This functionality, which is under development at the moment, will allow to mitigate the risk of fraud and prevent thievery actions.
We have completed the creation of a Stage-environment and put it into operation. The Stage-environment completely repeats the Production-environment, except for private user data, which is replaced with random sequences of symbols or stubs. Starting with this sprint, we have changed the publishing process — now all patches undergo additional testing on Stage before moving to Production. This additional step allows to provide a higher quality product.
The Abyss team is constantly expanding. Just recently, it was further reinforced by Maksim Kovalenko, a skilled C# and T-SQL developer. Prior to joining The Abyss, Maksim worked at Social Discovery Ventures as Senior. Net developer, where he was involved in creating complex, scalable web solutions for a wide audience (> 1.5 million users per day).
Maksim’s skills include:
- development of a server architecture, enterprise-level applications on ASP.NET (Web API) on .Net 4.5 platform;
- development of distributed and/or high-loaded applications;
- work with RabbitMQ and other Message Brokers;
- work with Microsoft SQL Server 2008–2016;
- work with .NET Core.
Development short-term plans
Apart from what has been mentioned above, we should also note that The Abyss has successfully passed the penetration tests performed by the external contractor. No critical issues were found. Further security improvements are scheduled for implementation in May. Also in the near future, The Abyss development team will start working on implementing social features, like personal achievements, “My Friends”, newsfeed, rankings, etc.
Well, that’s it for today. We will keep you up to date with the development process twice per month, as previously. The next report is scheduled for May 27, 2019.
The Abyss Team