Please find below a regular development status report, this one covering the period from May 13 to May 26, 2019. Within this timeframe, we were strongly focused on fixing bugs, introducing a series of improvements and new features to the Desktop version of The Abyss platform, developing the company’s new logo & rebranding and further infrastructure evolution.
Web application new outlook and features
The new features have been implemented in the new version of The Abyss web application. First of all, we’ve successfully carried out the platform rebranding, which included the development of a new logo that has become better and smarter.
Other new features include:
- History of Transactions, Profile page, Top-up and Withdrawal features have been adapted for mobile devices;
- API Resource Caching Profiles help to optimize the costs and increase the resilience to external load spikes;
- Invoice Status Changes notification for Developers added;
- Additional trackers in Google Analytics were added for our marketing department.
The team is constantly working on bug hunting and introducing more improvements to the Desktop client to achieve better performance of the app. The following fixes have been done so far:
- When the client is started by an authorized user, the profile’s language is set instead of the system’s;
- Pictures of navigation buttons bug successfully fixed;
- Short links of the window while the launcher starts successfully fixed;
- Increased minimum window size successfully fixed.
Aside from that, the rebranded client version (1.2.3) now features the “About us” window, and we have also added the context menu items in the tray.
The download path selection window now keeps the default path for the game folder. When you click on the “Browse” button, the dialog window for download path selection now adds the name of the folder. The language can be set from the user profile with startup.
Currently in development
The work on adding new features and further development is currently in progress. On this stage, the team is kept busy with adapting of modal windows to mobile phones and tablets and rebranding of the email notifications.
Another part of our work includes building the Notifications Domain, a component of the system responsible for interaction with the user through the main communication channels in the form of Emails, SMS, Messengers, etc.
At the first stage, we’re planning to implement the feature allowing the user to refuse to receive notifications on certain topics (or certain types) by email (the Unsubscribe function).
We are also reviving our iOS mobile application, which keeps you informed about your referral network status and updates, and lets you manage it in an easy-to-use way. We are focused on rebranding it and shifting it to work with the portal API.
We’ve also developed the GUI, the developer utility for managing builds patches of client games.
Development short-term plans
While we’re working on adding the first social features to the platform, our short-term development plans also include:
- Writing the draft of technical specifications for Achievements. It is complete. The process of harmonization of the logic and layouts creation have started;
- Development of cross-platform Matchmaking, allowing to unite the players from various platforms in one specific game;
- Implementation of Users Games ratings (technical specifications are in the process of approval, layouts are ready);
- Implementation of a feature allowing to resume the download process from the point of cut off with the client window being closed.
- Implementation of the ability to create a shortcut game icon on the desktop.
Finally, the following results have been achieved in terms of infrastructure evolution. The staging environment successfully configured, and we have launched the process of its debugging which also includes the debugging of all deployments to it.
Well, that’s it for today. We will keep you up to date with the development process twice per month, as previously. The next report is scheduled for June 10, 2019.
The Abyss Team