Please find below our regular development status report, this one covering the period from Sep 16 to Sep 29, 2019. Within this timeframe, we were strongly focused on developing our Notification Management System (notification bot), integrating new games, evolving the License Management System and adding more useful features.
Notification Management System (NMS)
We have polished and released an automated system for exchanging information with users through popular messengers. The notification bot is now live and can be activated in the “Settings” menu. Users can receive notifications either in Telegram or Discord, and even choose both methods if they like.
Also, we have developed a system of tracking and processing of bounces in email-notifications making our NMS “smarter” and more functional. It is now independent from SMTP services and providers that we have used previously. These changes will have a positive impact on the reputation of The Abyss domain and will help to deliver notifications to users more effectively (avoiding Spam folder).
License Management System (LMS) Evolution
We have completed Technical Solution for the next stage and started implementing the SKU (Store Keeping Unit) model for The Abyss store. The original idea is to link each SKU to one or several licenses for a base game and other features, extensions, DLCs and further additions to the game content. The back-end side of the system is 60% complete at the moment.
Software Development Kit (SDK)
We have also made improvements to The Abyss SDK, which helped to make the game integration process faster and smoother. Tempest: Pirate Action RPG, the recent multiplayer game which appeared on the platform, has been successfully integrated within 2 weeks without any issues. During the integration process, the platform development team has received no questions from the developer.
Build Distribution System (BDS)
We completed another step of The Abyss Build Distribution System evolution and developed a new utility (developer tool) which has been sent to our partner developers for testings. Upon receiving a feedback, we’ll introduce more changes thus contributing to further improvement of our BDS.
Social features (Platform Achievements)
We have released a set of improvements to Platform Achievements, like new progress bar on “Profile” and “Achievements” pages, and added descriptions of the unlocking method on all achievements modal windows. We’ve also added visual attributes of unique achievements and introduced typography improvements on achievements tooltips.
Some other developments completed during the recent sprint include:
- We have released the new page loading mechanism (which has been changed from placeholder to preloader). This feature allows users to instantly see where all elements of the page are located even if the page is still loading;
- Referral page improvements featured the addition of “Last seen” status. We’ve added statuses of user’s recent activity (“Recently”, “Within a week”, “Within a month”, “A long time ago”).
Short-term development plans
While we’re working on adding new features to the platform, our short-term development plans also include:
- The feature allowing to create desktop shortcuts for web games has been implemented and moved to the testing stage. It will be released in the next sprint;
- The addition of “About me” block in user profile. Users will be able to write a short description or provide any personal info that will be visible to other users in a public version of the profile (currently under development);
- Moving the logic of a Game call-to-action button to back-end;
- The new feature that will allow switching to a new Compact Menu. This feature is aimed at increasing the useful screen space in web games for the additional convenience of players;
- The implementation of a technical plan for public profile development.
Well, that’s it for today. We will keep you up to date with the development process twice per month, as previously. The next report is scheduled for Oct 14, 2019.
The Abyss Team