A Step by Step Guide To Completing Acorn’s KYC Process
Our ICO starts in just a few days!
We want to give everyone the chance to buy their OAK immediately after the sale begins. To that end, the KYC (Know Your Customer) registration page is now open to everyone and you can fill it out now.
Unfortunately, KYC information is a legal requirement by both the Gibraltar financial regulator and the bank with which we will deposit our funds. We do this to avoid legal or banking troubles in the future, thus improving the safety of the OAK tokens and our company.
Benefits of filling out your KYC early:
- Contribute immediately, as soon as the ICO starts
- You are less likely to miss out.
- Any issues with KYC can be solved before the ICO begins.
We’ve made every effort to make the process as easy and smooth as possible. However, if you do have any major problems, you can contact email@example.com or join our Telegram group where admins can help you.
We have also made a tutorial video showing you exactly how to fill out your KYC form correctly.
Step 1: Visit our website
Step 2: Create an account
Here you have three options — create a new account, sign in to existing account, or social sign in using Google+, Linked in, Facebook or Amazon accounts.
- Creating a new account with an email address and password.
- Using social sign in options — Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook or Amazon accounts.
Once you have created an account you will need to verify your email address. An email link will be sent to you immediately, once you click on this link, you’ll be taken to a page to fill out your KYC information.
- If you can’t see the verification email in your inbox, please check your junk folder or click to resend. Emails may take several minutes to appear.
Step 3: Fill out KYC Information
The green ticks will verify when you have filled out sections correctly. We need from you:
- Your full name, including middle names.
- Date of Birth
- Nationality *Please note, you will not be able to join if you are a resident or citizen of the U.S or China.
- Your Ethereum wallet address
- How much ETH you plan on contributing. *It’s ok if this changes later.
- Where you heard about us.
- Check the boxes agreeing to our ICO Terms &Conditions, Whitepaper and additional AML checks if purchasing more than €15,000.
- Name and D.O.B should match EXACTLY to the one on your ID/passport.
- Double check your wallet address to make sure it is correct. We will not be able to accept contributions if the addresses don’t match.
- Use a personal ETH wallet. Do not provide a wallet from an exchange!
Step 4: Upload valid photo ID
You will now need to upload a valid photo ID.
You can upload from your computer or mobile, or take a photo from your phone. If you choose to take a photo from your phone, you will be sent a verification code to complete the process (this is will not be stored or shared with anyone).
Your ID can be one of the following:
- Driving licence
- Identity card
- Make sure that the photo or scan of your ID is clearly readable — not reflective, grainy or blurry. This will help the process run more smoothly and quickly.
- Make sure that your ID is valid and not expired.
Step 5: Take or Upload a Selfie
You can do this in one of two ways;
- Upload a scanned copy of your ID from your computer or phone.
- Take a photo on your phone, or webcam, whilst still continuing the process (you will be sent a verification code to continue if doing this on your phone).
We will then begin our checks. This should only take a few seconds, but sometimes could take a bit longer. You will be emailed when the checks are complete.
- Make sure that your photo is clear, unobstructed and of a reasonable likeness to your ID photograph. Selfies which look too different to your photo ID will be rejected.
Step 6: Upload proof of address document
You can only do this once we have verified the ID and selfie you uploaded, and performed watchlist checks. This could take up to 24 hours. You will be emailed when verification is complete with a link to this final step.
Here we require:
- A proof of address document dated within the last three months.
- This could be a utility bill, bank statement or any other official document which clearly shows your name and address.
Once you have provided proof of address, you can contribute immediately.
Step 7: Contribution Instructions
Once this has been completed you will be given details on how to purchase OAK tokens, including the smart contract address.
DO NOT TRUST ANYONE WHO EMAILS OR MESSAGES YOU THE ADDRESS. ALWAYS CHECK ON OUR WEBSITE YOURSELF!
PLEASE ONLY USE THE SMART CONTRACT ADDRESS YOU SEE FROM OUR WEBSITE ON https://contribute.aco.ai.
Once KYC is completed, you can always check back to that website to view purchase instructions and the smart contract address again.
You will also receive an email confirming that you’ve completed KYC with the contribution instructions contained.