The home-automation era is over. The intelligent home and your career evolve here.
Do you want to jump with us to the next level of connected houses? You are at home! Come in!
At sofiathinks we bet on the extraordinary combination of user-friendly Software and powerful Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the ability to think to improve the most important place in our lives, our houses.
We are a start-up that takes care of what really matters: Feeling safe at home, saving energy, and looking after our families. Our main product, Sofia, is a brain in the heart of the house that comes to change the way we interact with our favorite place in the world.
Do you want to help us build a better indoor life? We combine a senior team with long experience in software and hardware multinationals with a group of young professionals eager to take over the world. Since 2017, we are creating a technology capable of using AI for self-learning and autonomous decision-making. An Intelligent Home accessible for everyone, not only a few tech-savvy people.
What are we looking for
People who thrive in this role:
- They love technology and are passionate enough to bring Sofia to new abilities and functionalities.
- They are driven, have high expectations of themselves, and are at their best in a team-based culture of excellence.
- They are committed to joining a top-talented team that works to solve some of the challenges of the 21st century.
Apply now and join the thinkers!
Product Manager job description
The Product Manager will report to the Product Business Owner and will work closely with the engineering team’s Product Owners to bridge the gap between the product vision and the features and epics descriptions. He or she will also be working with the Product Business Owner to exploit the product roadmap into detailed features, detailing use cases, its user experience, and documenting everything needed by the engineering team for their implementation.
We are looking for someone passionate about the Intelligent Homes, a real customer advocate with a strong problem-solving orientation with the simplest user experience.
- Business-centric, responsible for the product usage and user’s satisfaction and retention. Working with the Product Business Owner and Sales Manager to understand the market opportunities and buyers. Market research and competitive landscape analysis.
- Understanding the user’s need and their product usage and feeding the LEAN feedback loop with all the learnings in the form of product features.
- Organizing and prioritizing the different product features into the product roadmaps, as well as actively participating in the Product Increment planning.
- Describing the product features into specific use cases with all the needed documents and working closely with the Product Owners to get it built. Working with our external agency to describe the EPICs UX/UI.
- Working with the QA and Support teams to understand product defects and their impact and being able to prioritize those bugs among the entire backlogs.
- Writing product documentation and guides.
Essential Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills
- Strong knowledge about the Smart Home’s market. Gadget addict, technology savvy.
- 5+ years of working experience in product management positions with digital products.
- Detailed oriented, someone able to concisely describe EPICs with their description, flow diagrams, and UX/UI.
- Design thinking to define the simplest and easiest User Experience. Creating technology for everyone in order to reach mass users.
- Customer-centric mindset, using technology to solve people’s real problems at their homes.
- LEAN Startup mindset required. Positive attitude, adaptability to a fast-changing environment, and able to trade-off between quick & dirty and quality-oriented solutions.
- Fluent in English.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
Bonus Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills
- Good background in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, or related.
- Strong Excel, Power BI, Grafana, or other data analysis tools.
- Experience in hardware devices’ product management.
- Previous experience in a startup with a similar role.
- Used to work in Agile and SAFe methodologies.
More detailed info about the entire product management team’s functions can be found at https://www.scaledagileframework.com/product-and-solution-management/
If this job description sounds like you… Hurry up! Send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org! (Please, include in the subject “Product Manager”)