Problems detaching ENIs?
One might come across certain issues when trying to manually detach the Network Interfaces. Some sample errors:
- eni-xxxxxxx: You do not have permission to access the specified resource.
- “Error detaching network interface. eni-xxxxxxxx: You are not allowed to manage ‘ela-attach’ attachments.”
- Network interface ‘eni-xxxxxxxx’ is currently in use.”
- Navigate to Network Interfaces in the EC2 console.
- Select the ENI and open the Details tab.
- Review the Description to find which resource the elastic network interface is attached to.
- Consider deleting the described service if not being used. (ENI will automatically be deleted if the service is deleted).