Are you a designer, product manager or project manager looking to hone your UX design skills? New York’s largest Digital Design Community have partnered with Citrusbyte and General Assembly to offer you just that opportunity.
The Digital Product Design Meetup is a community of UX and UI designers who gather monthly, bringing together the most experienced individuals in digital product design. As a not-for-profit community-focused Meetup we’ve teamed up with Citrusbyte, our Meetup sponsors, and General Assembly to offer one design enthusiast the opportunity to receive a full scholarship to the GA User Experience 6- week online course.
- Choose a digital product that you know well, that you need to use, but where you’ve identified that usability could be improved by redesigning 1 feature. Yep, only one!
- Identify the problem this product has been built to solve.
- Interview 5 people who use the product to validate your personal concerns about the usability issues.
- Explain why the feature you have identified negatively impacts the product and the problem the product sets out to solve.
- Submit a design solution for the feature you have identified and chosen to work on. Low fidelity wireframes and a written explanation (max 500 words) will be sufficient.
Remember that good story telling and a clear presentation goes a long way. Communicating your findings and designs with slides, a prototype, or annotated wireframes are all options. Please make it easy for judges to understand.
Email submissions to jonathan at citrusbyte dot com by January 11th 2017.
- Jonathan Horowitz, Product Strategy and Design, Citrusbyte
- Madeline Vu, Senior Product Designer, XO Group
- Joe Formica, Lead Instructor, General Assembly
Terms and conditions
1. ENTRY: Contestants will enter by submitting completed challenges via the online submission form.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents (currently living in the United States) over the age of 18. Employees of Citrusbyte and General Assembly (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Employees of Citrusbyte will judge the contest. Submissions will be judged on their creativity and originality. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. PRIZES: Winners will receive a scholarship to attend the General Assembly User Experience 6 week online course. The prize is not transferable.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Participants hereby grant Citrusbyte a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant Citrusbyte the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
b. Citrusbyte is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
c. Winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Citrusbyte. Citrusbyte reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to Citrusbyte and not to Facebook, and will be used to notify you if you have won, and to inform you about updates from Citrusbyte, General Assembly and Digital Product Design, and our trusted partners.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Citrusbyte in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Citrusbyte is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Citrusbyte may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
11. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addresses stamped envelope to: DPD NYC Contest, c/o Citrusbyte, LLC, 641 6th Avenue, FLR 5, New York, NY, 10010