Your Desk! — Contribute
Share the Thing on YOUR Desk. You can be a contributor to this thing thing which Medium calls a ‘publication.’ No special tests or credentials required.
You become a ‘contributor’ then can contribute a pic now and then when you wish. Here‘s’ the simple process on contributing.
- Become a contributor. Easy — just ask. Tweet* to @rossgk so I can add you as a contributor. Then you can take a pic and submit stuff when you want. Medium’s approach is that ‘publications’ have ‘editors’ and ‘contributors’ like a magazine. It’s easy though. You just submit and the editor (me) clicks publish when I get a notification of a submission.
- Now Submit a thing — Click “New Story” under your avatar at the top right of the screen. Write few words, add a photograph. If you submit several pieces at once, I may delay for a bit to mix up contributors content just for variety’s sake, to break up the stream.
- Take a Pic — Try to photograph just the thing. Move other stuff out of the way if you can, so it’s not a thing in a sea of other things. Oh, and…
- Be Careful! — Sometimes we have important, private, or personal things on our desks. So frame your shot so you don’t give away your password or home address on an envelope.
- Have Fun — What makes your desk different than others? Those will be fun things for visitors to see. Stuff unique to your personality, your job, your taste in figurines. Share one.
- Words — add a sentence or three, but don’t get too carried away. Visitors publication will want a quick fun/interesting/quirky thing, rather than a long essay.
- Usual disclaimer — we’ll pass on including anything obviously offensive, racist, spam/advertising, foaming-at-the-mouth-political rants, or sexually explicit. Keep it clean folks.
*If you’re not a twitter user you can request to contribute by highlighting a bit of text and clicking the ‘+’ icon to add a note right here too. Messy but it works.