Things I’ve learned about Seattle, Part II
From Denver to the Pacific Northwest
- Colorado = Coloradans. Seattle = Seattleites. :)
- Seattle’s mentality is a lot more negative than Colorado’s. I need to change that.
- Hiking in these woods is like scenes right out of Jurassic Park. Everytime you hear a rustle in the bushes you know it’s a Dilophosaurus waiting to attack.
- If you want the best ice cream of your life, take a trip to Molly Moon’s. They even have a Vegan Coconut Ice Cream for those gluten-dairy-soy intolerant folks. And guess what? It’s totally awesome.
- Seattle has its own hip-hop culture. Sir Mix-A-Lot and Macklemore are both from Seattle and are proud to represent their city. Posse on Broadway isn’t about New York.
- Kurt Cobain is also from Seattle. You can even tour his home. But the locals don’t go there because they think it’s lame and shames the grunge-rock prodigy.
- Late night bar-hopping? Don’t take your drunken hunger to Taco Bell. Head over to Dick’s Drive-In and order a Deluxe Burger, Fries, and a Milkshake for $6. Macklemore filmed one of his music videos on the roof of the original location.
- Twitter just signed a lease for a 16,000 square foot space in Seattle’s central business district. Twitter + Facebook + Amazon + Boeing + Microsoft + Aquent = lots of jobs! (http://bit.ly/15fBcKj)
- Everything’s moist.
- The people here are smart. There’s never a dull conversation.