12 Little Requests
For The @Medium Team
(I’m writing something every day for #100days. This is post 54/100.)
I’m using Medium every day, so I’m doing the same jobs with it over and over. There are some pathways I wish worked differently. Here’s 12 of them, focussed only on the web experience. (The app experience is clearly in alpha alpha, so I’ll leave that for later).
- I love that YouTube & Vimeo links auto-thumbnail, but when I’m in edit mode, I can’t copy and paste them.
- In my notifications, where someone has highlighted a post, clicking on the notification should take me directly to the highlight.
3. In my notifications, clicking on a name should take me to that user’s profile page.
4. In my notifications, where someone has recommended a post, clicking on the notification should take me to that recommendation.
5. When I Publish a story, I should go to from the draft version of the story to the published version, and not to the Medium homepage.
6. When I delete a draft, I should go back to the drafts page, and not to the Medium homepage.
7. Can we have a recommend ratio too please?
8. When I make something a quote, default to italics, rather than just flipping whatever the text treatment is.
9. Make it easier for me to make a comment Public. Maybe from the Notifications drawer, rather than on-the-page only, chicken-pecking around until I find the unpublished comment.
10. On a published post, sort ‘All Responses’ by Most Recent as a default. If there are no ‘Top Responses’, show ‘All Responses’ sorted by Most Recent.
11. Let me unpublish a post. Delete only isn’t enough.
12. Can we underline please?
Little things I know. But little difference can add up to a huge change.