Announcing This is HCD Berlin — Let’s start a human-centered-design movement!
Late in 2019, I announced on Talking Shop with Andy Polaine, Adrienne Tan and Dr. John Curran that one of the exciting new initiatives that This is HCD was working on for 2020, was focussing on enabling our global audience to connect to form deeper relationships with one and another and connect over the common goal of ‘doing good’ through opening local chapters in cities around the world.
So far we have announced Sydney, Melbourne, Dublin, and now we are so excited to add our very first central-European chapter — Berlin! Learn more about our Chapters here.
“I am so excited starting This is HCD Chapter in Berlin and support this great opportunity for all of us interested in shaping real Human Experiences to work, play, learn and grow together.”
About Myrto’s background in Design
It all started when I realized I spent most of my time in front of the screen. I wanted to be involved in the making so I started designing for screens. Some months later — late 2009 — I quit my job as a print designer and focused completely on the digital world working as a visual designer.
Moving to Berlin in 2011 I had the chance to participate in Design Thinking Bootcamp at HPI d.school, where I got fascinated by the design thinking methodology and decided to get deeply involved with the user experience design.
Since then I work full-time as UXer helping companies around the world to shape insightful experiences for their customers.
Join the This is HCD Berlin group
Connecting cities through podcasting
- The ‘This is HCD’ global theme for 2020 is Design Politics, which will be tackled in the first This is HCD Conference in Dublin, on June 16 and 17. (Submissions open and tickets go on sale soon!)
- Chapter Leads will surface topics discussed and presentations within our This is HCD Publication and also on the Talking Shop podcast with myself and Andy Polaine
- All Meetup events are ticketed with 100% donations going to a local charity in the respective city
How the This is HCD Meetups are different
- This is HCD Board define a global-theme every six-months. The current theme is Design Politics
- All Meetup events are documented and shared on our publication (right here)
- Quarterly we invite Chapter Leads onto Talking Shop to surface the common themes based on their cities that they have observed.
- As a community, we can reflect and gain a better understanding of the impacts related to the global-theme
- The global results input into the This is HCD conference in Dublin, on June 16 and 17, 2020.
Join the group